Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Any AI settings to get aggressive expansion without cheating?
09-08-2014, 02:04 PM
Any AI settings to get aggressive expansion without cheating?
Hi there, I just started playing SO, and new to the forums.

I am loving the game, but so far I am pretty disappointed in the AI. Played a couple of games on average and won very easily. Mainly because all of the AI players (massive spiral galaxy, 4 opponents) colonized 4-6 worlds then stopped. They don't seem to realize they have to colonize poor worlds in order to get to the rich ones past them. They also don't seem to clear out monsters to take those worlds even when they have fleets large enough to do so. End result was I could take all the centre systems with no opposition, made for a boring game.

From browsing these forums, it seems that Hard/Impossible AI cheats, in that they get resources and technology they shouldn't be able to afford. Is that true even with Bonuses off?

Is there any combination of settings to get a good game where AI players will expand aggressively until they run into opposing empires, but don't cheat to do so?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-26-2014, 04:06 AM
RE: Any AI settings to get aggressive expansion without cheating?
Hard and Impossible is going to be your best bet. It is challenging enough, and I don't think they cheat insanely. They also start to attack more on Hard and Impossible.

GC- MiiikeT
Always up for a game

Sandbox(beta)- MonkSRb
Regular: MessiTheMessiah10(just changed my GC id from MonkSR)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply