Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
v1.0.1 General Feedback
10-18-2014, 02:36 PM (This post was last modified: 10-18-2014 02:37 PM by xAlZx.)
RE: v1.0.1 General Feedback
A couple more things, again from a beginner's viewpoint:

1. Make all Captain Cards available in the Derelict mission (why not?); let's the new player try them out... and let them use them more than once in the game.
2. Fair winds to get to the other fleet. It took me 16 turns to get to the other fleet due sailing against the wind. *yawn*, losing the primary audience
3. Split up the derelicts into 2 fleets. One close by (to get immediate battle experience) and another further away. Maybe a change of wind after fleet #1 is gone, providing an incremental challenge.
4. This scenario could be a pseudo-tutorial with a pop up stating to sail and fire upon the first fleet, press help button for instructions (then let the player free play. A second pop-up would appear after fleet #1 is gone, stating to sail east to second fleet (perhaps boarding instructions), etc...

GC ID - alzdragon, GMT-6. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - alzdragon, NT ID - alzdragon
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-23-2014, 03:52 AM
I sent in a bug report. I am in a sink-the-merchant mission, and moved a ship behind a merchant (the merchant has downed sails). My ship should be able to reload and fire, but it is only giving me the option to board.
10-23-2014, 05:43 AM
(10-23-2014 03:52 AM)Diebo Wrote:  I sent in a bug report. I am in a sink-the-merchant mission, and moved a ship behind a merchant (the merchant has downed sails). My ship should be able to reload and fire, but it is only giving me the option to board.

I loaded up the game in question, selected the ship with 6 initiative, loaded the port side cannons, and then tapped on the merchant ship, was present with dialog of whether I wanted to fire or board, I chose fire. So it seems to be working; did you forget to load your cannons perhaps?
10-23-2014, 07:10 AM
(10-23-2014 05:43 AM)rocco Wrote:  
(10-23-2014 03:52 AM)Diebo Wrote:  I sent in a bug report. I am in a sink-the-merchant mission, and moved a ship behind a merchant (the merchant has downed sails). My ship should be able to reload and fire, but it is only giving me the option to board.

I loaded up the game in question, selected the ship with 6 initiative, loaded the port side cannons, and then tapped on the merchant ship, was present with dialog of whether I wanted to fire or board, I chose fire. So it seems to be working; did you forget to load your cannons perhaps?

I figured it out.

I loaded the wrong side of the ship! Not just once, but many times! But when i clicked on the target, it went to board mode and erased the cannon load. That confused me, which apparently isn't hard.

No bug, just a bit confused.
10-23-2014, 07:13 AM
(10-23-2014 07:10 AM)Diebo Wrote:  I figured it out.

I loaded the wrong side of the ship! Not just once, but many times! But when i clicked on the target, it went to board mode and erased the cannon load. That confused me, which apparently isn't hard.

Someone's about to get himself demoted! A captain should know on which side of the ship to load the cannons!

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
10-23-2014, 08:19 AM
(10-23-2014 07:13 AM)VanderLegion Wrote:  
(10-23-2014 07:10 AM)Diebo Wrote:  I figured it out.

Someone's about to get himself demoted! A captain should know on which side of the ship to load the cannons!

In my defense, there are a lot of ships all packed together, and i'm using an iPhone. But yah, pretty lame!
10-23-2014, 12:14 PM
Well, as my daughter fondly said to today, that's one less "fly" I need to squash.
10-26-2014, 06:51 AM
I finally updated to iOS 8.1. Forgot that it hoses beta.
10-26-2014, 07:13 AM
(10-26-2014 06:51 AM)Diebo Wrote:  I finally updated to iOS 8.1. Forgot that it hoses beta.

Ewww. Sad
10-31-2014, 04:46 PM (This post was last modified: 10-31-2014 04:58 PM by xAlZx.)
if you ever decide to introduce an 'options menu' for custom games, I'll start a list here (and update as additional ideas come to mind)

1. Night to Day, Night Only, Day Only, Day to Night
2. Weather related: light winds, high winds, unpredictable winds (frequent changes), storms (lightning strikes, etc...) <- storms as an option might encompass unpredictable winds, lightning (more visibility on that turn), high waves (less visibility on that turn)
3. Islands: More islands (thinking more places to hide/lurk), less islands, no islands
4. Ship build points: More or less points available for starting fleet.
5. Ship build size: All ships available, only certain ships available (thinking of comments that bigger ships always better; force player to only build small ship, large fleet)
6. AI strength: esp. Rocco Pirate scenario, envision stronger or weaker pirate ship (thinking of when the other beta player resigns from game... *ahem*, leaving me to face the pirate by myself and get obliterated, rather quickly)
7. Abandoned Vessels: opportunity for players to find/board abandoned or 3rd party ships to add to their fleet. Maybe not a game option in all scenarios, or a scenario by itself.
8. Special powers (captain card or special "boarded ship") that gives ability to call a KRAKEN one time to destroy an enemy vessel within xx spaces, or a randomly selected vessel of opponent?
9. Shallows: shortcuts through islands that have chance to sink or delay ship movement, but quickly getting through gives potential advantage
10. Turn timer options
11. Length of Game: 40, 60, more?

Of course, some of these might be ideas for specific scenarios, but hope to strike a chord with some of them. :-)

GC ID - alzdragon, GMT-6. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - alzdragon, NT ID - alzdragon