Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Starbase Orion League Replays - Open Alpha
11-06-2014, 08:41 AM (This post was last modified: 07-13-2015 11:39 PM by rocco.)
Starbase Orion League Replays - Open Alpha
Welcome to Starbase Orion League Replays!

As mentioned in the Galactic News in game, SOLR is a app being built in Unity which allows you to review completed Starbase Orion games. The alpha test for SOLR will allow you to watch a number of Starbase Orion League matches ( essentially, anyone who reported their game IDs on the forum for me I tried to get them in ). For the alpha test SOLR is only going to be available through Unity's web player, which means it will require you to access the site from a Mac or Windows computer.

Please note that this is an alpha test; this means that many features are not yet implemented, there are likely more than a few bug, etc. Just play around, have fun, let me know what you think!

Click here to try it out!

Note:

- Chrome has removed support for its plugin API, which means the Unity web player will no longer work in Chrome.

Known bugs:

- On Safari on Mac, you cannot use the mouse scroll wheel to zoom in. This is a bug with the Unity web player, I suggest using a different browser.
- Some of the games won't open; if you see any, report them. Most likely it is because myself or the player mistyped the game ID on the forum.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2014, 09:08 AM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2014 09:09 AM by rocco.)
RE: Starbase Orion League Replays - Open Alpha
Some screenshots for the curious!

11-06-2014, 10:09 AM
Awesome! Looking forward to (hopefully) being able to view racial stats.
I don't recall any other science fiction 4x game having this. (But they all needed it!)
So much for getting my life back lol!
11-08-2014, 04:31 AM
Updated! Reorganizes the empire summaries on the right, added more summary information accessible by buttons along the bottom, currently EMPIRE (racial attributes) and MILITARY ( fleet summaries that were in the table on the right ).

Also, this is built with newly released version of Unity, so it should fix some of the known issues documented in the OP.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

11-08-2014, 04:45 AM
Just a heads up, it doesn't work right in safari. It looks like the whole webplayer gets shifted way up, so most of it is off of the top of the window. You can bascially see the box to select a division to view, but can't see anything above that.

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
11-08-2014, 05:45 AM
(11-08-2014 04:45 AM)VanderLegion Wrote:  Just a heads up, it doesn't work right in safari. It looks like the whole webplayer gets shifted way up, so most of it is off of the top of the window. You can bascially see the box to select a division to view, but can't see anything above that.

Which Safari? It looks fine in mine ( Version 7.0.5 (9537.77.4) )
11-08-2014, 05:51 AM
(11-08-2014 05:45 AM)rocco Wrote:  
(11-08-2014 04:45 AM)VanderLegion Wrote:  Just a heads up, it doesn't work right in safari. It looks like the whole webplayer gets shifted way up, so most of it is off of the top of the window. You can bascially see the box to select a division to view, but can't see anything above that.

Which Safari? It looks fine in mine ( Version 7.0.5 (9537.77.4) )

Version 7.1 (9537.85.10.17.1) on my hackintosh and 8.0 (10600.1.25) on my mbpr

11-08-2014, 06:38 AM
Should be working now!
11-08-2014, 06:44 AM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2014 06:46 AM by VanderLegion.)
(11-08-2014 06:38 AM)rocco Wrote:  Should be working now!

Looks like it's all better on the desktop. I'll double check the laptop later. I do at least have chrome installed so I was still able to check it out despite not working in safari Smile
Needs the ability to view what is curently being researched and what's currently being built

11-08-2014, 12:33 PM
(11-08-2014 06:44 AM)VanderLegion Wrote:  Needs the ability to view what is curently being researched and what's currently being built

Yeah; I had those put in at a summary level on the right empire table, but I'm moving them out of there to the more detailed buttons along the bottom.

Updated: There is now a "production" button summary, which shows what the planets per empire are working on, and the current PP put towards each project.