Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Starbase Orion League Replays - Open Alpha
11-08-2014, 02:04 PM
RE: Starbase Orion League Replays - Open Alpha
Updated: First pass at research summaries.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2014, 08:59 PM
Is this supposed to work on a mobile browser at the moment? Tried Safari and Chrome, neither worked -- just a grey screen.

GC ID: anthee999
11-09-2014, 01:31 AM
PC or Mac only for the time being.

Full list of supported platforms at http://www.unity3d.com/webplayer
11-09-2014, 02:36 PM
Updated: Added a back button, and some nifty animating alert dialogs.
11-10-2014, 07:26 AM
Updated: added the ability to view production queues and building lists at the planet level.

11-11-2014, 08:03 AM
Very cool, Rocco. This tool will be very useful for those trying to learn how to be effective in tourney games.

I was not able to view more than 1 replay, though. I had to quit the browser (Safari Version 8.0 (10600.1.25)) after viewing a replay in order to view another replay. I was using Mac OS 10.10 (Yosemite).

In nature there are neither rewards nor punishments; there are consequences.
- Robert Green Ingersoll, lawyer and orator (1833-1899)
11-11-2014, 08:05 AM
(11-11-2014 08:03 AM)ArlyB Wrote:  Very cool, Rocco. This tool will be very useful for those trying to learn how to be effective in tourney games.

I was not able to view more than 1 replay, though. I had to quit the browser (Safari Version 8.0 (10600.1.25)) after viewing a replay in order to view another replay. I was using Mac OS 10.10 (Yosemite).

Did you click the "x" button in the upper right corner? If you did, what did it do then?
11-11-2014, 10:14 AM
(11-11-2014 08:05 AM)rocco Wrote:  
(11-11-2014 08:03 AM)ArlyB Wrote:  Very cool, Rocco. This tool will be very useful for those trying to learn how to be effective in tourney games.

Did you click the "x" button in the upper right corner? If you did, what did it do then?

Clicking the "x" button does close the first replay window, but when I choose a second replay game the turn advancing icon does not function so all I can view is the first (400.3) turn available.

In nature there are neither rewards nor punishments; there are consequences.
- Robert Green Ingersoll, lawyer and orator (1833-1899)
11-11-2014, 10:48 AM
(11-11-2014 10:14 AM)ArlyB Wrote:  Clicking the "x" button does close the first replay window, but when I choose a second replay game the turn advancing icon does not function so all I can view is the first (400.3) turn available.

Ah, thanks! That's much clearer.
11-12-2014, 12:58 AM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2014 01:16 AM by Diebo.)
Wow... WOW!

I finally had a chance to take a look. This is really cool.

I am not sure how much I want my opponents to know what I am doing, but I sure don't mind seeing what they are up to!

Well done.

The only thing I can think of that would be cool would be replays of the battles.

On the maps, occupied stars are a little hard to see. It is a blue on blue or red on red map. If you made the occupied system border black instead of red or blue, with the center red or blue, and a little thicker than unoccupied systems, it would probably contrast better.

I am using a PC Windows 8.1 and Firefox, had no problems.
On the left-hand display, when you have over 100 pop capacity and over 100 pop, it cuts off the display.

For example, instead of 100 / 140 Population, it displays 100 / 14.

You could scootch production over a little or change the font size?
In the display of ship counts on the right hand side, it would be fantastic to capture troop and colony ships too.

Maybe just make the icons smaller to fit in 2 more ships? Or put ships onto 2 rows?
When ships are in battle, you can click on a system and see star ownership, but you can't see the fleets. Would be nice to see what ships are battling each other (if not the battle itself).

It would be nice to have a button or tab to show game settings (adv empire, specials).