Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Starbase Orion League Replays - Open Alpha
11-12-2014, 07:58 AM
RE: Starbase Orion League Replays - Open Alpha
Updated!

- Tweaked the empire quick summaries on the right to accommodate larger populations, and include troop and colony ship counts.

- Added a "SETTINGS" button to access the game settings.

Quote:The only thing I can think of that would be cool would be replays of the battles.... When ships are in battle, you can click on a system and see star ownership, but you can't see the fleets. Would be nice to see what ships are battling each other (if not the battle itself).

Yeah, working on that now. Although I didn't think of also doing quick summary for battles, that's a good idea to have as well.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2014, 10:40 AM
RP/turn! So that information is being saved.. it would be nice if we can get another chart in the in-game history like the production/turn chart, but for research points.
11-12-2014, 11:59 AM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2014 12:00 PM by rocco.)
(11-12-2014 10:40 AM)sfx51 Wrote:  RP/turn! So that information is being saved...

No; the game and SOLR are two completely different things.

It may be complicated to explain, but what the game app has access to is just the game data for the current turn. The way the charts in the game work is that specific pieces information is being tallied up as the game goes on and is stored in the current game file. RP/turn is not one of those piece of information.

SOLR works because the server stores the game file for every turn taken for your game; therefor, SOLR can request the game file for any previously finished turn in a game. Thus, the RP/turn information seen here is just the RP/turn for that turn file that got loaded.

To create a stat chart for RP/turn, without modifying it so that it tallies it as it goes like the other stat charts, SOLR or the app would need to download all turns, open each one up, calculate the RP/turn, etc. Very painful and bandwidth consuming, not feasible.

But I can add putting RP/turn stat collection into the whipping post. It's just not in there now, and SOLR isn't accidentally exposing something that already existed.
11-13-2014, 01:00 AM (This post was last modified: 11-13-2014 01:01 AM by Yojimbo252.)
I've tried clicking on the link in the opening post to try the replay system out but I hit the attached error:

Windows 7
Firefox 33.1

[edit: sorry but I'm not sure how to make the image larger]
11-13-2014, 01:07 AM
(11-13-2014 01:00 AM)Yojimbo252 Wrote:  I've tried clicking on the link in the opening post to try the replay system out but I hit the attached error

Just tried on FF here, seems to be working. I did get an error, but it was a "wrong webplayer version" error which cleared up when I shift-clicked the refresh button.

Perhaps you have an old version of unity webplayer plugin; you can manually download the latest from http://www.unity3d.com/webplayer .
11-13-2014, 11:32 PM
I did have the latest version of the Unity Player 4.5.5.37569 plugin installed but re-installed it just to make sure.

Still the same error I'm afraid.
11-14-2014, 02:05 AM
(11-13-2014 11:32 PM)Yojimbo252 Wrote:  I did have the latest version of the Unity Player 4.5.5.37569 plugin installed but re-installed it just to make sure.

Still the same error I'm afraid.

Ok; I will have to try it with FF on windows 7 then, see if that makes a difference (I did FF on Mac).
11-14-2014, 02:11 AM
Ok thank you.
11-30-2014, 10:50 AM
amazing. simply amazing

GC ID - alzdragon, GMT-6. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - alzdragon, NT ID - alzdragon
12-15-2014, 01:25 AM
I'm having trouble using the link on my iPad it is only brining up an blank page it won't load. What do I need to do differently?