Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Weapons range and starbases
12-06-2014, 05:09 AM
RE: Weapons range and starbases
(12-06-2014 03:10 AM)Diebo Wrote:  Yup, gauss barely hits (and sometimes doesn't). Plasma is great as SFX points out for hold position, retreat, and disengage. And if you are up against missile, that is a solid choice. But depending on any single weapon is problematic, unless you know your opponent's fleet configuration and tactics.

Not so great against missile, depends on if you put all plasma of course. i.e., if I am all missile and you are all plasma (which as you said it not wise), I simply close to close range.

I won't say Plasma is useless on a SB, but, not very useful. But yes, there are use cases. It does seem too expensive for what you get, agree with Davabled on that point.

I was never aware of this double range though. I am glad I brought it up so other newer players can realize this! And the .4 for the Burrow, that's good to know too. He MIGHT be able to hit with gauss even at hold.

I wish there was a keep very long range setting! Mainly for fast missile ships.

GC ID: E45y Rid3r
Season 1 Saturn Division Champion
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2014, 05:33 AM
(12-06-2014 05:09 AM)sfatula Wrote:  I wish there was a keep very long range setting! Mainly for fast missile ships.

I'm pretty sure the keep long range setting means the ship attempts to stay at the range of its longest range weapon, which in the case of nukes means the ship tries to stay at very long range.
12-06-2014, 05:46 AM
(12-06-2014 05:33 AM)Davabled Wrote:  
(12-06-2014 05:09 AM)sfatula Wrote:  I wish there was a keep very long range setting! Mainly for fast missile ships.

I'm pretty sure the keep long range setting means the ship attempts to stay at the range of its longest range weapon, which in the case of nukes means the ship tries to stay at very long range.

No, it is a fixed range.
12-06-2014, 05:47 AM
For nukes, keep VERY long range would be useful, every other weapons system has the capability.

GC ID: E45y Rid3r
Season 1 Saturn Division Champion