Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rebalancing big ships
02-01-2015, 05:24 AM
RE: Rebalancing big ships
I sort of like the idea of capital ships granting bonus CP. Or possibly, say, "bonus CP which can only be applied towards smaller ships". Which goes directly to encouraging diversity.

What if CP influenced what orders you could (or couldn't) give? Like, have a default set of orders ("attack nearest enemy, charge to close range"), and when you're over CP cap, some number of ships can't use any other orders.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2015, 10:29 AM
Seems Good.
03-24-2015, 09:25 AM
To circle back on this, some of these things I've squirreled away for inclusion in SO2. Some of it is because I don't want to bust up the current game too much ( that's what SO2 is for! ), but some of it is just practicality regarding what I can do quickly for SO1. For example, the idea of bonus CP through "support ships" would introduce the ability to have many more ships in a single combat, which could very well be problematic for older devices like iPad1 (something SO1 supports but SO2 doesn't have too).

For v1.2.6 I'm settling mostly on #1"Rebalance ship costs (or weapon effectiveness or something) again". Hopefully it will be enough, looking forward to starting the beta test to find out. But rest assured some of these things will make it into SO2.