Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
noob questions
01-24-2015, 11:19 PM
noob questions
Hello!

This game is great, by the way. I am seriously considering buying an ipad just so that I can play on a larger screen.

I have a couple of dumb questions:

1) is there a more detailed description somewhere of how things work? e.g. what is the base research per scientist, what does morale affect, does tolerant up the population cap on planets, etc. Most of those things I either have a guess about how it works from MoO2, or did/can do an experiment to find out, so it's not a big deal. But I was just wondering.

2) Does brilliant researchers "stack" in any way, if you have both the race pick and the leader who gives it? (I could imagine it might stack in two ways: separate percentages tracked independently, you might get 1-3 techs when you complete a research; or: the growth rate of the percentages stacks, so you get 2 techs more often than you would otherwise). I was assuming it did not stack (i.e. either you have brilliant researchers, or you don't), but who knows.

Thanks!
Jerry
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-25-2015, 05:57 AM
RE: noob questions
1) unfortunately, no. There used to be a wiki that had a lot of information, but it got over-run by spam bots and ultimately had to be taken down. The players and the programmer do try to actively answer questions both here on the forums as well as the in-game space bar.
a) base research per scientist is 3 research points per turn.
b) morale is applied as a percentage to the value of what the colonist is doing. So, if you have sanctioned sports, and research center 1, each scientist would produce 3 base research points, plus 1 point from the research center = 4, plus a 20% morale bonus = 4.8, which would then be rounded up to 5 research points per scientist.
c) tolerant has no effect on the maximum population. It merely removes the penalties from desert, barren, radiated, and toxic planets. Those penalties are increased maintenance costs in the form of credits and the inability to farm.

2) Brilliant does not stack. If you have the brilliant trait and then win the auction for Cerebrum, his brilliant bonus is ignored. You still get to keep his other advantages, though.

Welcome to the game and the forums! I very much enjoy playing the game on my iPad. Feel free to ask lots of questions, the community here is quite helpful.
02-10-2015, 08:27 AM
I'm confused with "passed" research. Is this technology that you have some how went beyond? I keep getting Starbase I passed on.
02-10-2015, 09:12 AM
(02-10-2015 08:27 AM)oogly81 Wrote:  I'm confused with "passed" research. Is this technology that you have some how went beyond? I keep getting Starbase I passed on.

When viewing the research tab, all techs you can currently research are one of 3 colors, red, yellow or green. Whenever you complete researching a new tech, all other tech int he same tree (astro, military or civil) are updated. All green techs turn yellow, all yellow ones turn red, and the reds disappear from the list. If you make it all the way to the end of a tree, the skipped techs will show up again, but cost 5x the RP they did originally (or 2.5x if you ahve broad-minded)

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion