Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Horizon 4X game
02-16-2015, 01:15 AM
Horizon 4X game
I have been looking into playing this game, but have found that the reviews for it are VERY mixed... some say it is better than MOO2 others say it is worse and very boring. Curious if anyone on this site has taken a look at it or played it ?Smile

GC- MiiikeT
Always up for a game

Sandbox(beta)- MonkSRb
Regular: MessiTheMessiah10(just changed my GC id from MonkSR)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2015, 03:16 PM
RE: Horizon 4X game
From what I understand, it doesn't have the type of tactical depth in-battle that MOO2 had. But honestly, it's a fantastic game and it has several things I understand MOO2 _did not_ have — such as a vibrant multiplayer community with a wide skill-range of players.

The balancing work that's been put into Starbase is also astounding. The updates have been pretty frequent and the dev, Rocco, is super engaged with his community. In the couples years I've played there were huge overhauls that were always vast improvements. Honestly, there's minor meme I've seen basically amounting to, "Does rocco ever sleep?"

If you like 4x games, Starbase Orion is the deepest I've seen on the App Store. Try it, it's certainly worth finding out if it's as popular with you as it is with so many of us.

GC: dohanlon

Yes, my avatar is an impossibly cute rendition of Garrus Vakarian. No, I am not a 12-year-old Japanese girl. Big Grin
03-04-2015, 05:50 PM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2015 05:52 PM by anthee.)
RE: Horizon 4X game
I don't think you read the title of this thread, deusohan. (Or MikeT's signature, for that matter -- he's an old hand Smile)

GC ID: anthee999