Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
v1.2.6 General Feedback
03-25-2015, 03:11 PM (This post was last modified: 03-25-2015 11:37 PM by rocco.)
v1.2.6 General Feedback
This is the thread that members of the SO beta testing group should use to report bugs discovered while testing v1.2.6.

Note for iOS 8: To participate in the multiplayer aspect of the beta, you will need to be able to sign into the Sandbox GameCenter. Apple has hidden this option in iOS 8; to expose it, you need to download the TestFlight app and open it on your device. Once you have go to Settings -> GameCenter and you will have a new toggle labelled "Sandbox". Turn this on, then open the beta and log in with your sandbox GC account info.

Note about HockeyApp: TestFlightApp.com has been taken down by Apple, so we're going to attempt to use Hockey App instead. As such, I will be sending invites slowly until I get the hang of this new system. I will repost in this thread once all invites have gone out; at that time if I missed you, please let me know. You will receive an email invitation to the same email you had registered on TestFlightApp with.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-25-2015, 03:41 PM
RE: v1.2.6 General Feedback
Woot! New Beta!

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
03-26-2015, 01:44 AM
*Does a happy dance*

GC: Elph -=- GC Sandbox: Elph
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-26-2015, 02:16 AM (This post was last modified: 03-26-2015 02:17 AM by rocco.)
Ok, all invites have been sent out. If you were in the beta testing group and did not get an invite, send me a PM so we can figure out what's up.

If you accepted you invite and registered a new device, I will be pushing new builds daily to get your new devices access.
03-26-2015, 02:29 AM
(03-26-2015 02:16 AM)rocco Wrote:  Ok, all invites have been sent out. If you were in the beta testing group and did not get an invite, send me a PM so we can figure out what's up.

If you accepted you invite and registered a new device, I will be pushing new builds daily to get your new devices access.

Mine might be considered a new device. I can't load it right now - will wait to see if that is what is happening.
03-26-2015, 02:32 AM (This post was last modified: 03-26-2015 02:33 AM by VanderLegion.)
Soemthing for others to look out for: had a bug on one of my planets where moving a worker OFF of farming ONTO industry resulted in me getting 1 more food per turn than I got when he was farming (I did submit it)
Also: Hurry up and get in so we can get games going people!

03-26-2015, 02:47 AM
Farming has long been a dump trait for an easy 3 points. Looking at the numbers, it is pretty clear why. You start with a Terran, which produces 3 food. You only need 1 food per population. And you start with hydro center technology. Between the terran and the hydro center, you can usually cover all food needs, even with persnickety.

Later game, technologies all make starting food point traits almost meaningless. Between Gaia planets (+2 per farmer), Advanced Farming (+1 per farmer), Orbital Weather (a whopping +2/+4 per farmer), sanctioned sports (+20%), a normal race (no SI/Persnickety) could have +12.85 farming/person. Whether you are inadequate (+12.35) or amazing at farming (+14.85) doesn't really matter. And the food need doesn't change; you still only need 1 food per population.

I would recommend the following changes:

1. Restructure Trait Points to -1, +2, +4. Make it hurt to choose inadequate farmer, and provide real benefit for good farmers.

2. Make Advanced Farming act more like an efficient factory or a research center. You have to use a building slot and build it to have it. Not a big deal if too difficult to code, but would help.

3. Make Orbital Weather more like Orbital Labs (i.e., instead of +2/+4, make them +10%/+20%).

With these changes:
Late game, with sports, Gaia, adv. Farming, and weather 2, an inadequate farmer would produce 7 food (currently 11.4).

With Plant Whisperer, would produce 14. You'd make 2x food versus an inadequate farmer (which makes sense).
03-26-2015, 04:33 AM (This post was last modified: 03-27-2015 04:23 AM by xAlZx.)
just fyi, it took me restarting my phone for the hockyapp to recognize my id after registering, which allowed me to successfully download it.

-----

1. Double Tap Chat thing - didn't bother me either way. I think all of us pressed the wrong button at one time or anther and entered the game (using the old way) BUT. Now when adding friends, it requires a double tap to get away from the keyboard, single tap to select the name from the list, and another tap to add him/her.
Multiple single taps on the friend name gives the impression that the system locked up, because the keyboard still thinks you might want to type - so I would voted put it back.
1a. On Naval Tactics, there is a slightly different system for friend adding. Any feedback/thoughts on which one is better?

2. Orion League preset - like it. gives players a chance to play under variety of 'tournament' settings. Haven't started any games yet (hence, haven't seen mechanism). But, thought on whether this could be a toggle for single player games? I'm neutral on this, as one could play 1v1 against CPU

3. Ship size/structure/armor - like the changes

4. Any thought of separating the 2 kinds of specials? (floating free stuff, special planets). Would be nice to select either, or both) during game setup (ON, PLANETS, TECH, OFF) could be the choices.

I'll leave the math/spreadsheets analysis to the others. re-balancing due to win % is very smart.

GC ID - alzdragon, GMT-6. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - alzdragon, NT ID - alzdragon
03-26-2015, 09:42 AM (This post was last modified: 03-26-2015 09:45 AM by VanderLegion.)
As a point of refreence for the food changes with SI:

I tried my standard industry/boomer (negative food, SI - or persnickety for testing - freethinking) build with both SI (lost navigators due to price changes) and persnickety. At the start of an advanced empire game, I needed 9 farmers to feed everyone with SI with 2 food remaining. With persnickety, I required 11 farmers.

So when using negative food, SI is still better with regards to farmer in the early game. Dunno about late game yet. As far as SI goes, in my game with rocco I'm currently at 126 population with 23 farmers (my entire homeworld and 3 on another terran planet) with no advanced farming or orbiteal weather.

03-26-2015, 02:15 PM
I received the invite email from Hockey App for 1.26.b2
After the beta finishes "installing" (the circle in the icon completes), I get the following error:
Quote:Unable to Download App
Starbase Orion could not be installed at this time.
Done/Retry

Test flight app is installed and sandbox mode is enabled for Game Center.
I performed a hard reset and tried again but still get the error, and the icon remains greyed out.
I re-logged into Hockey App and found this info:
Quote:Installation Errors
The alert "Unable to Download App" is a generic error message and can have various reasons, for example:

UDID is not included in the provisioning profile
Device or iOS version is incompatible with the build
Device storage is full
Actual download error
App is over 50 MB and downloaded over a cellular connection
Unfortunately, iOS does not provide a detailed error log. Always make sure that your device is registered with HockeyApp. If you are unable to solve the issue, please contact the developer with your account and device details.

I confirmed on the Hockey App website that my device was registered (iPad Air 2 w/iOS 8.2) and the profile certificate is installed. I have over 60GB free space and downloaded over wifi.

Should I just wait for the next build?
Should I enable logging under Game Center settings?