Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
Planetary Expansion Popup bug
04-17-2015, 06:17 AM (This post was last modified: 04-17-2015 06:19 AM by JonathanMeibergen.)
Bug Planetary Expansion Popup bug
Well, couple of days ago i bought SO. Great game, the best 4x on ios out there Smile
But now I'm being annoyed by a little bug that i was able to replicate...

When you have a system with 3 planets, its possible for two colonized planets in that same system to build a planetary expansion each. Now since only on planet is left to be expanded, one planetary expansion wil be unused once finished. What happens next is SO will keep telling you each turn that there is a expansion available. If you tap on the popup, nothing happens. Normally you get to the build screen of the planet in question... Not this time. As of now i cant find any way to get rid of the message that keeps OS from auto-continuing.

I hope anyone can replicate this problem...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-17-2015, 09:41 AM
RE: Planetary Expansion Popup bug
(04-17-2015 06:17 AM)JonathanMeibergen Wrote:  Well, couple of days ago i bought SO. Great game, the best 4x on ios out there Smile
But now I'm being annoyed by a little bug that i was able to replicate...

When you have a system with 3 planets, its possible for two colonized planets in that same system to build a planetary expansion each. Now since only on planet is left to be expanded, one planetary expansion wil be unused once finished. What happens next is SO will keep telling you each turn that there is a expansion available. If you tap on the popup, nothing happens. Normally you get to the build screen of the planet in question... Not this time. As of now i cant find any way to get rid of the message that keeps OS from auto-continuing.

I hope anyone can replicate this problem...

If you go to the planet screen for the planet in question you can scrap the planetary expansion (shows up in a building slot).

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
04-17-2015, 05:31 PM
RE: Planetary Expansion Popup bug
Ah great, did not notice it as a building, scrapping it solved the problem.

Still when you touch the message nothing happens, its a dead link. Normally you go to the build screen. Also if you scrap the expansion once you go the the building screen manually the scrapping dialog box has the title Null. Sounds like an object or variable not initialized...

The issue is less serious then i previously thought. Still some minor issues remain.

Anyway thanks for the tip Smile