Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Upgrading ships in fleet
06-02-2015, 06:08 AM
Upgrading ships in fleet
I selected ships to be upgraded but instead of going into the build queue they just disappeared. Anyone know what I did wrong? No I did not hit the scrap buttonSmile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2015, 08:38 AM
RE: Upgrading ships in fleet
(06-02-2015 06:08 AM)Domoroot Wrote:  I selected ships to be upgraded but instead of going into the build queue they just disappeared. Anyone know what I did wrong? No I did not hit the scrap buttonSmile

When you "upgrade" a ship, all you're doing is destroying the ship to gain production points at the selected planet. So if you go intot he empire view, that planet should have some stored production that will now be used toward the next thing you build there (which might be the "upgraded" ship, or could be a building or whatever else).

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
06-03-2015, 05:01 AM
RE: Upgrading ships in fleet
(06-02-2015 08:38 AM)VanderLegion Wrote:  
(06-02-2015 06:08 AM)Domoroot Wrote:  I selected ships to be upgraded but instead of going into the build queue they just disappeared. Anyone know what I did wrong? No I did not hit the scrap buttonSmile

When you "upgrade" a ship, all you're doing is destroying the ship to gain production points at the selected planet. So if you go intot he empire view, that planet should have some stored production that will now be used toward the next thing you build there (which might be the "upgraded" ship, or could be a building or whatever else).

I think Vander misread your post.

Could you be more clear about how you upgraded your ships? That is, do you mean you updated the ship designs in the ship designer screen, or do you mean you changed the build queue at a planet to build new ships?

Typically, I use the ship designer screen to update my ships or create new designs. The ship designer screen represents your list of blue prints for ships.

I then go to a planet and place the new ship in the build queue.
If the planet has a starbase, I might scrap an existing ship in orbit for production in order to speed the building of the new ship.

The key thing to keep in mind is that ship DESIGNS can be upgraded immediately and for free, but the actual ships themselves cannot be upgraded - merely scrapped for production or credits, which can be used towards building a new ship.