Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Game crashes with IOS 8.4.1
11-25-2015, 03:49 PM
Game crashes with IOS 8.4.1
I'm running the current version of the game and an seeing regular crashes...is there a problem with the game and my version of IOS?

Thanks
Bill
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-26-2015, 12:27 AM (This post was last modified: 11-26-2015 12:27 AM by rocco.)
RE: Game crashes with IOS 8.4.1
(11-25-2015 03:49 PM)Billsmith98 Wrote:  I'm running the current version of the game and an seeing regular crashes...is there a problem with the game and my version of IOS?

Thanks
Bill

What device and iOS version? I will try and reproduce here.

FWIW, I have not received any bug reports describing similar.
11-27-2015, 10:05 AM
It's an iPad 3 running IOS 8.4.1.

Thank you for the help

Bill
11-30-2015, 02:24 AM
Hi Rocco,

Thanks for creating such a well rounded game. I am thoroughly enjoying myself and rediscovering the fun of turn based strategy.

Sadly I am also having issues with the game crashing. I am running iOS 9.1 on an iPad Air. It occurs late game when I am playing vs 4 impossible AI. The most recent crash occurred at date 429.1. I did not think to keep copies of previous crashes (there have been 5 I think) but they all were similar in that they occurred on large maps with lots of units and late in the game. Perhaps it's a secret spy attack by the AI knowing it's going to lose? Wink
11-30-2015, 01:08 PM
(11-30-2015 02:24 AM)Outofmytr33 Wrote:  Sadly I am also having issues with the game crashing. I am running iOS 9.1 on an iPad Air. It occurs late game when I am playing vs 4 impossible AI.... Perhaps it's a secret spy attack by the AI knowing it's going to lose? Wink

FYI, this is the Starbase Annex section of the forum. I suppose I should clarify with the original poster they meant to report a bug with Starbase Annex and not Starbase Orion Smile

And in fact, you are pretty close in your guess! There is a crash bug with one of the spying events, which causes a crash to happen while the turn is processing. This should be fixed in v1.2.7 which should be out in a few days.

Cheers,
Rocco
11-30-2015, 03:10 PM
(11-30-2015 01:08 PM)rocco Wrote:  
(11-30-2015 02:24 AM)Outofmytr33 Wrote:  Sadly I am also having issues with the game crashing. I am running iOS 9.1 on an iPad Air. It occurs late game when I am playing vs 4 impossible AI.... Perhaps it's a secret spy attack by the AI knowing it's going to lose? Wink

FYI, this is the Starbase Annex section of the forum. I suppose I should clarify with the original poster they meant to report a bug with Starbase Annex and not Starbase Orion Smile

And in fact, you are pretty close in your guess! There is a crash bug with one of the spying events, which causes a crash to happen while the turn is processing. This should be fixed in v1.2.7 which should be out in a few days.

Cheers,
Rocco

I seem to recall seeing something about this spying event but I have read so many posts in the last couple of weeks they have blurred one into another. I realize that updates take a great deal of work and are often delayed. Is there anything I can do in the meantime? I have tried smaller maps and less opponents but have similar sorts of results. Perhaps turning off one option or another might help?

Cheers
11-30-2015, 11:28 PM
(11-30-2015 03:10 PM)Outofmytr33 Wrote:  I seem to recall seeing something about this spying event but I have read so many posts in the last couple of weeks they have blurred one into another. I realize that updates take a great deal of work and are often delayed. Is there anything I can do in the meantime? I have tried smaller maps and less opponents but have similar sorts of results. Perhaps turning off one option or another might help?

Go to game settings (the cog off of the main menu) and turn on Cloud AI. In theory, your turns will then be processed on our server, where the bug has already been fixed.

Alternatively, you can enter the multiplayer section of the app and create a multiplayer game, but just put yourself and computer opponents in it. It will be roughly equivalent to a single player game then (just you and bots), but it's guaranteed to be processed on the server.
12-01-2015, 01:16 AM
Thanks a bunch mate. The AI just maliciously sabotaged yet another game. Obviously cos I was about to rain IPC doom on their puny fleets! I shall tweak as you recommend and gleefully burn down their worlds.

Big Grin