Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Hello everyone!
11-27-2015, 02:17 AM
Hello everyone!
Hi everyone!

I just purchased Starbase Orion as I loved playing MOO2 as a kid. Looking forward to learning from all of you!

One question: Does the cpu always manage to build several ships way before I can manage to get more than a couple scouts?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2015, 02:42 AM
RE: Hello everyone!
Welcome!

If you're just starting out, make sure to play with an easy AI with AI bonuses turned off. After that, your ability to produce ships is a (relatively) simple combination of your chosen race's affinity for industry, the number of people you have on that planet devotes to industry production, that planet's mineral value, etc. Make sure you tap on everything; for instance, if you tap on the blue industry "cogs" in the planet view you will get a breakdown of how the industry on that planet is being calculated. Use that to tweak and maximize your production if you want to maximize building ships.

There are a couple great player written guides in the forums if you want more info ( http://chimerasw.com/starbaseorion/forum...p?tid=2276 ).
11-27-2015, 03:22 AM
Thanks Rocco!
11-27-2015, 06:18 AM
I've read that tutorial and it was loaded with useful information!

I'd like some help being gently introduced to the game in an intelligent way though. Can someone recommend what traits to choose and how to conduct, say, my first ten turns in the following scenario type: large cluster galaxy against 4 AI opponents, in which I prefer a research based approach that unlocks powerful tech with which I can build an unstoppable fleet to dominate my opponents in the late game. For enjoyment I prefer this approach to the quickly expanding and overrunning blitzkrieg approach. Thanks!