Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
New here
12-11-2015, 10:37 AM (This post was last modified: 12-17-2015 05:39 PM by 7ucy.)
New here
Just wanted to introduce myself as I recently purchased SO and am about to win my first vs 7 on impossible. It will actually be my first win - I have started and quit quite a few times as I learned more about the mechanics.

I'm curious what the vets have to say about my strategy this game:

vs 7 AI - Impossible, Massive Galaxy, Custom Race
Amazing Industrialists
Natural Tinker
Repulsive
Huge Homeworld
Baby Boomers
Blundering Diplomats
Thrift Spenders
Slow Tinkers
Proficient Farmers

I researched heavy on military and astro tech, only researched Efficient Factory I initially. All of my colonies are production based and I rush research periodically. For my fleet I built up to all Titan's with Proton II x10, Armor II, Bulkhead I, Energy Shield II, Fast Missle Launcher, PDS, ECS Jammer, and Combat Engine.

Please let me know what you think I did well or could improve on. This is easily one of the best games I've ever played on any platform.

And I'm definitely game to try out multiplayer - Trip Lykely
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2015, 11:13 AM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2015 11:16 AM by Sanbi.)
RE: New here
Its okay. Personally I dont think thrifty, baby boomers, or huge homeworld go well together. Would prefer shared intel or a gold trait if youre going to be making babies, unless you have plenty of worlds to fill up which you shouldnt with 8 players unless you are snowballing. I usually take FB instead of baby boomers, because baby boomers forces me to colonize planets and research advanced civic planning III for optimal play (otherwise my worlds reach the caps) which is not always an option if you are attacked.
12-11-2015, 12:00 PM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2015 12:18 PM by 7ucy.)
Right on. I felt like I wasn't colonizing like I should - which I didn't want to do. My plan was to build a decent fleet while I grew slowly then take stars one at a time.
12-12-2015, 11:52 AM
Welcome 7ucy!