Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I think I just got lucky
12-14-2015, 01:26 PM (This post was last modified: 12-14-2015 01:28 PM by 7ucy.)
I think I just got lucky
Recently (w/o monsters or bonuses) I beat 7 AI on impossible - now I can't get past the first wave or two of AI (w/monsters and bonuses). Its driving me insane because I handled the AI easily that initial game. Considering they attack around 410-415 what are my best early moves? I've tried building a fleet early but its inevitably weak and gets destroyed. I've researched better military tech but then have to few ships to compete. I've tried expanding quickly but that leaves me behind too. What am I missing?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-14-2015, 02:25 PM
RE: I think I just got lucky
(12-14-2015 01:26 PM)7ucy Wrote:  What am I missing?

Build fleet early and research better tech. Scrap your outdated fleet to production on a planet and use that production to build an updated fleet.
12-14-2015, 09:39 PM
(12-14-2015 02:25 PM)rocco Wrote:  
(12-14-2015 01:26 PM)7ucy Wrote:  What am I missing?

Build fleet early and research better tech. Scrap your outdated fleet to production on a planet and use that production to build an updated fleet.

Maybe my issue is too few command points then as no matter what I research the AI has better tech that first encounter. I've had ships that worked without monsters or specials but they don't hold up with them. Is there a ballpark CP I should shoot for for the first conflict? Maybe 20? Any particular tech that I should make sure my ships have?
12-15-2015, 03:16 PM
Try making friends with them? Become a pacifist?
12-17-2015, 01:12 AM
Diplomacy seems to help a bit. I had a good game going yesterday, just not quite good enough. I could use a little help with spies - how to I make them? I'm sure I am missing the obvious. Also, on impossible structures collapse because of spies and structural reasons - structural reasons very often mid to late game - anything I can do to prevent structural collapse? Thank you for helping out the noob
12-17-2015, 01:19 AM
(12-17-2015 01:12 AM)7ucy Wrote:  Diplomacy seems to help a bit. I had a good game going yesterday, just not quite good enough. I could use a little help with spies - how to I make them? I'm sure I am missing the obvious. Also, on impossible structures collapse because of spies and structural reasons - structural reasons very often mid to late game - anything I can do to prevent structural collapse? Thank you for helping out the noob

Structures only "collapse" due to spying. Since you have no agents, you get generic messages instead of "we caught a spy doing a bad thing".

To build spies, build an agent training facility on a planet. Once that's build, go to the Special category and scroll to the bottom; you see the "Covert Opertative" there.
12-17-2015, 02:23 AM
(12-17-2015 01:19 AM)rocco Wrote:  Structures only "collapse" due to spying. Since you have no agents, you get generic messages instead of "we caught a spy doing a bad thing".

To build spies, build an agent training facility on a planet. Once that's build, go to the Special category and scroll to the bottom; you see the "Covert Opertative" there.

Perfect. This, I imagine, will help tremendously. With buildings constantly collapsing its rather difficult to get anything going.

Also, its really cool that the guy behind the game is answering my questions. I wish I would have found SO sooner.
12-17-2015, 04:48 PM (This post was last modified: 12-18-2015 01:52 AM by 7ucy.)
FINALLY I beat the hardest AI settings. The best part is my starting selection for colonies was garbage. Spies were the key I was missing. If I can repeat then I think I have a solid grasp on the game. These boards have a lot of great info.