Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tip: tradeports are worthless with thrifty
12-14-2015, 01:31 PM (This post was last modified: 12-14-2015 01:36 PM by Sanbi.)
Tip: tradeports are worthless with thrifty
[Image: 2hokcbr.png]
This is my homeworld. Tradeports costs 140 production and gives me three credits! On other worlds it gives as little as one or 1.5 credits!
[Image: 2ed8g9c.png]

Don't research it with this build!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-15-2015, 07:59 AM
RE: Tip: tradeports are worthless with thrifty
Trade Port I gives you +50% to taxes. Racial modifiers are calculated before building modifiers, so if you took Thrift Spenders, which effectively means -50% taxes (down 0.5 GC/turn from the usual 1 GC/turn), the bonus GC/turn you get from TP1 is only equal to 1/4 the planet's population (x * 0.5 * 0.5 = 0.25x). With, say, a population of 12, that means +3 GC/turn.

It's all pretty straightforward math if you just read carefully the descriptions of the traits and buildings you pick.

GC ID: anthee999
12-15-2015, 12:14 PM
In other words the tech is only truly useful if you have a money giving racial. Btw tradeports II is even less worth building, since it goes from a 50 to 75 percent bonus. The building is a waste of space.
12-18-2015, 12:23 AM
No, it is quite useful even without any money racials, as long as you don't have Thrift Spenders, but is really shines in conjunction with the positive money racials. Especially with a SI build aiming at vertical growth rather than horizontal growth it can be very powerful.

TP2 is not very useful, true, but I'd still consider researching it if I was playing a science/money build with Money Lenders.

GC ID: anthee999