Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bidding on leaders
01-26-2016, 11:21 AM
Bidding on leaders
My question here is if you bid one turn then the next raise it, at the same time your opponent would, can you effectively anticipate what he is bidding the turn before and beat it at the same time as he places it and therefor skip the long bidding process and get the leader.

So if I bid 100 and then the next turn i put it to 200, and the enemy places a bid of 110 on the same turn. Which in this case I still have the highest bid and I should get the leader.

By doing this I have anticipated that the enemy will jut do a plain old normal bid at the minimum it takes to place one, in doing so I have just placed a bid higher than his and therefore on the next turn I should get the leader having the highest bid still.

I'm not entirely sure if this works or not htough so that is why Im asking about it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-2016, 01:22 AM
RE: Bidding on leaders
(01-26-2016 11:21 AM)dkrnel Wrote:  My question here is if you bid one turn then the next raise it, at the same time your opponent would, can you effectively anticipate what he is bidding the turn before and beat it at the same time as he places it and therefor skip the long bidding process and get the leader.

No. Any time there is a new winning bid, the leader will wait one additional turn to see if anyone else will give them a higher bid.
01-27-2016, 05:50 PM
(01-26-2016 11:21 AM)dkrnel Wrote:  My question here is if you bid one turn then the next raise it, at the same time your opponent would, can you effectively anticipate what he is bidding the turn before and beat it at the same time as he places it and therefor skip the long bidding process and get the leader.

So if I bid 100 and then the next turn i put it to 200, and the enemy places a bid of 110 on the same turn. Which in this case I still have the highest bid and I should get the leader.

By doing this I have anticipated that the enemy will jut do a plain old normal bid at the minimum it takes to place one, in doing so I have just placed a bid higher than his and therefore on the next turn I should get the leader having the highest bid still.

I'm not entirely sure if this works or not htough so that is why Im asking about it.

This is how it worked originally. Leader auctions lasted 5 turns. Whoever won the bid on the final turn won the leader, so people could snipe auctions and attempt to outbid opponents on the last turn regardless of who (if anyone) had bid previously. It was changed to what rocco said to fix sniping.

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
01-30-2016, 11:01 AM
Ok, thank you for answering Smile