Poll: Should gamecenter functionality be removed?
No, still use gamecenter and gamecenter only.
Yes, remove gamecenter and replace it.
Yes, keep game center functionality but remove dependancy on it.
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Please remove Gamecenter functionality
05-21-2016, 04:58 PM
Video Please remove Gamecenter functionality
It would honestly be much better if people registered seperate accounts instead of use Gamecenter. For many of us iOS users, gamecenter has been broken for nearly half a year, and apple doesn't seem to care anymore. Even if gamecenter functionality remains. There really should be a way for us to play without game center. I can only play single player because of this.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-22-2016, 08:05 AM
RE: Please remove Gamecenter functionality
(05-21-2016 04:58 PM)Neurodice Wrote:  It would honestly be much better if people registered seperate accounts instead of use Gamecenter. For many of us iOS users, gamecenter has been broken for nearly half a year, and apple doesn't seem to care anymore. Even if gamecenter functionality remains. There really should be a way for us to play without game center. I can only play single player because of this.

It is possible to fix GC on iOS (I've had it break off and on, been working for a decent while lately, mostly since I updated to the latest version of iOS I think). That being said, I did have issues for a long time, which killed my ability to play multiplayer consistently.

Either way, I don't know that we'll see another login method for SO, since as far as I know Rocco's been hard at work on SO2 for a while now. That one I'm assuming will have a different way to log in since it's supposed to be cross-platform, and GC is apple only.

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
05-22-2016, 08:09 AM
RE: Please remove Gamecenter functionality
(05-22-2016 08:05 AM)VanderLegion Wrote:  Either way, I don't know that we'll see another login method for SO, since as far as I know Rocco's been hard at work on SO2 for a while now. That one I'm assuming will have a different way to log in since it's supposed to be cross-platform, and GC is apple only.

Correct as usual!