Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
**** Issue with the 1.2.8 Update ****
05-28-2017, 01:11 AM (This post was last modified: 05-28-2017 09:04 AM by rocco.)
**** Issue with the 1.2.8 Update ****
Greetings Emperors.

The update to 1.2.8 did not go as planned. Somehow I submitted an older beta build, which got approved, and then released to you all. The plan to fix this swampy mess is two fold:

1. I will rebuild and resubmit the correct version of Starbase Orion today.

2. I will spend some time looking to see if there is a short fix which can be done to allow y'all to continue playing

In the event that #2 fails, then we will have to wait until the new build passes Apple review again.

My most sincere apologies.

Update #1

After cross referencing the build which actually got submitted, it was a very early build in beta. As such, trying to shoehorn it to work while waiting for the re-review will just leave everyone confused, as it was midway through changes, bug fixes, and implementations. So the correct course of action will be to leave the multiplayer server disabled until the new version has passed review.

Update #2

v1.2.9 (aka the correct build of v1.2.8) has been submitted to Apple review. The server has been updated to v1.2.9, and the submission has been set to automatically release when Apple has cleared it.

Update #3

I have requested an expedited review for v.1.2.9 from Apple. Finger's crossed.

Update #4

Apple has granted our expedited request and v1.2.9 should now be available on the AppStore. Thank you, Apple!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-28-2017, 01:46 AM
RE: **** Issue with the 1.2.8 Update ****
If you can try to make it works on older ios versions too, I'm playing on ios7 and it seems that your new update works only on ios8>, thanks✌️
05-28-2017, 01:50 AM
(05-28-2017 01:46 AM)miljush Wrote:  If you can try to make it works on older ios versions too, I'm playing on ios7 and it seems that your new update works only on ios8>, thanks✌️

Yes; this wrong build didn't support older OSs. The correct build should.

Cheers.
05-28-2017, 04:00 AM
Thanks for keeping us posted
05-28-2017, 05:01 AM
Thanks for the swift action, Rocco.

In nature there are neither rewards nor punishments; there are consequences.
- Robert Green Ingersoll, lawyer and orator (1833-1899)
05-28-2017, 06:54 AM
I guess that means we can't play an of our existing multiplayer games until the patch. Hope not too many turns skipped but will be the same for all. Just shows how much I love the game. Please post here to let us know any updates.
05-28-2017, 07:14 AM
(05-28-2017 06:54 AM)jared71 Wrote:  I guess that means we can't play an of our existing multiplayer games until the patch.

This is correct; i explored several options to allow playing while Apple reviews the correct version, but unfortunately the version which got uploaded would just make a mess things.
05-28-2017, 08:46 AM
v1.2.9 has passed review and is propagating through the App Store.