Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Come the game, come the whining
10-12-2011, 11:41 AM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2011 11:41 AM by Ayjona.)
Come the game, come the whining
Upon reading KittyMac's latest post over at TouchArcade, I figured "Hey, why not kick off the opening of the forums for my new favourite iOS game with some ungrateful whining?". So here we go.

I've posted this twice over at the TA forums, but I figured it really belongs in here. So devs, please bear with me if I've just pulled off the digital equivalent of shouting the same thing over and over directly into your ears Wink
  • Racial descriptions all have the symbols "\n\n" inserted into the text, just before the last paragraph describing their racial advantages.
  • Many descriptions are too long to fit their designated text boxes. Racial advantages in the Custom Race Designer, weapon and system modules in the Ship Designer, and building descriptions in the list in the Build menu (though not in the descriptions of individually selected buildings) all suffer from this limitation. In some cases, such as when choosing traits for custom races (in particular those traits were the effect of the advantage is not described just below its name, "-1/2 Food Per Farmer"-style), this means we can't read all the effects of the chosen trait/item. Examples of this are Brilliant Researchers, Battle Hardened, Sanctioned Piracy, Combat Pilots, Freethinking, etc, where it is either hard or impossible to figure out from the text alone what the advantage actually does.
  • I suspect we should have the option to switch portraits in the Custom Race Designer, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do so.
So, now that I've established myself as an unappreciative sod, let me thank Chimera Games for releasing the, by lightyears, AUs and Han parsecs, most advanced (and just durned fun) 4X title for iOS, the most in-depth and sophisticated asynchronous multiplayer game yet, and the one, single title I will now use to shove all those "casual platform" arguments down the throats and minds of any anti-smartphone gamers who might be unlucky enough to get in my way Wink

If asynchronous multigaming is indeed the paradigm shift I am eagerly and excitedly prophesying it to be, Starbase Orion is at the cutting, bleeding, by now rather gory edge of that spearhead of progress.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2011, 11:58 AM
RE: Come the game, come the whining
Thanks! I added them to the whipping post. Should be easy to include in 1.0.3.
10-12-2011, 12:03 PM
RE: Come the game, come the whining
(10-12-2011 11:58 AM)rocco Wrote:  Thanks! I added them to the whipping post. Should be easy to include in 1.0.3.

Looking forward to it!