Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
SO Tournament
01-20-2012, 08:11 PM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2012 08:21 PM by ddebernardy.)
RE: SO Tournament
Sure - though I would state I already have waaaay too many games started already. :-P

This needs to start after the 1.0.9 update, too. There are too many critical bugs in 1.0.8.
Oh, and... Best play times for me is roughly 9pm till very late CET.

That's late afternoon EST/early mid-day PST.

I also go through turns upon waking up, which I believe is around late evening in Australia.

Game Center IDs: ddebernardy | ddb.testflight
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-20-2012, 11:13 PM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2012 11:15 PM by thebardofblasphemy.)
I agree - the tournament prolly shouldn't begin until 1.0.9 - unless people agree not to exploit the reinforcement bug.

There may need to be consideration for players who simply cannot finish a match due to timezone differences - allowing a drawn game or someting - wait and see I guess.

Is my game center ID the same as my nick name? It should be "the bard of blasphemy" in that case.

GC ID: the bard of blasphemy
GMT +10
01-21-2012, 12:18 AM
The thought of tournaments makes me want to implement some kind of replay feature.
01-21-2012, 03:07 AM
(01-21-2012 12:18 AM)rocco Wrote:  The thought of tournaments makes me want to implement some kind of replay feature.

That would be fun. Or at least a more detailed after-game report. I'd love to be able to see what order my opponent researched stuff after the game ends.

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
01-21-2012, 03:22 AM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2012 03:23 AM by rocco.)
(01-21-2012 03:07 AM)VanderLegion Wrote:  That would be fun. Or at least a more detailed after-game report. I'd love to be able to see what order my opponent researched stuff after the game ends.

I was thinking it as a way to be more inclusive of other players; for example, 0.1% of the player-base would want to participate in the tourney, but I bet 99% of the player-base would be interested in spectating the tourney matches.
01-21-2012, 03:26 AM
(01-21-2012 03:22 AM)rocco Wrote:  I was thinking it as a way to be more inclusive of other players; for example, 0.1% of the player-base would want to participate in the tourney, but I bet 99% of the player-base would be interested in spectating the tourney matches.

Ahh, yah that could be cool too. As long as it's set up in a way that you can't spectate your opponent's side of the match (unless the spectating/replay is after the game is over).

01-21-2012, 03:36 AM
(01-21-2012 03:26 AM)VanderLegion Wrote:  (unless the spectating/replay is after the game is over).

This. Real-time spectating of an asynchronous game wouldn't make much sense anyway.
01-21-2012, 03:38 AM
(01-21-2012 03:36 AM)rocco Wrote:  This. Real-time spectating of an asynchronous game wouldn't make much sense anyway.

Well, it'd be cool to be able to check in periodically and see where the game is at, but from what I've seen of game center that wouldn't be possible (at least not for more than a limited number of spectators that were specified at the beginning).

01-21-2012, 04:02 AM
(01-21-2012 03:38 AM)VanderLegion Wrote:  Well, it'd be cool to be able to check in periodically and see where the game is at, but from what I've seen of game center that wouldn't be possible (at least not for more than a limited number of spectators that were specified at the beginning).

Yes; any kind of spectating would require some kind of side-car server.

I'll give it some thought for the next tourney, nothing would happen in time for this one Big Grin
01-22-2012, 12:26 AM
A side-car server would perhaps also be usefull for relaying chat msgs?