Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Starbase Orion Tournament Tracker - Shep Wins
01-27-2012, 10:42 AM
RE: Starbase Orion Tournament Tracker
(01-27-2012 10:41 AM)thebardofblasphemy Wrote:  Haha, yeh, got my ar$e handed to me. It was just one of those games. Jeebus, he rolled me with Laser II.

Stupid of me. I was testing out a new strat seeing how everyone is still choosing Repulsive. Thought I'd give Charismatic a go. Problem is - it means I have to sacrifice 4 racial pts - that could mean choosing an extra boost to fertility or industry. Ho hum. Testing a new strat during a comp is not advisable Tongue

Yah, he just did that to me in a game the other day. Well, technically it hasn't ended yet. He hasn't gotten to my homeworld and it's gone further than your game did, but I'ma still lose in the end the way its goin atm Tongue

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-2012, 10:48 AM (This post was last modified: 01-27-2012 11:01 AM by ddebernardy.)
(01-27-2012 09:26 AM)Shep Wrote:  Two things

Also, feel free not to list race attributes (...)

Congrats to dd for an early win.

Imho, it's the most interesting part of this, so... Please, do post the full traits, so that everyone can know the gory details in spite of the UI issues that prevent them from getting displayed in full. This is our chance to see those traits and game balance niggles that might need attention. (Yes, I'm looking at you, food production.)

Oh, and I took Cybans.

And thanks! :-)
(01-27-2012 10:41 AM)thebardofblasphemy Wrote:  Testing a new strat during a comp is not advisable Tongue

I did precisely that, myself. In our game with VanderLegion, I went for RC 2/Hydro 1/Laser 2. In yours I stuck to Hydro1 and went straight for Laser2, considering the fact that I seldom get to build those research center upgrades anyway due to early combat.

It could have blown up in my face, too, when I grabbed fuel cells to go for your colonies. In as far as I've been testing after our game, the research path I picked doesn't yield Orb Labs before getting Star Drive 4 or Starbase 3. Or not consistently anyway (still testing).

Game Center IDs: ddebernardy | ddb.testflight
01-27-2012, 11:22 AM (This post was last modified: 01-27-2012 11:28 AM by Shep.)
Yah.....was surprised when I saw that bard.
Just to throw this out there, but if neither Mike nor I have our games start by the time the Kryddan/VL game ends, we might as well move on to the Semis to get this going.

1.09 Tournament Champion (February, 2012)
01-27-2012, 02:26 PM
(01-27-2012 11:22 AM)Shep Wrote:  Yah.....was surprised when I saw that bard.
Just to throw this out there, but if neither Mike nor I have our games start by the time the Kryddan/VL game ends, we might as well move on to the Semis to get this going.

Let's see mid day tomorrow and see if you want to swizzle the brackets - get a game between you and I going or what makes sense...
01-28-2012, 02:36 AM
My game has started, so hopefully goes quickly!

1.09 Tournament Champion (February, 2012)
01-28-2012, 04:53 AM
Me and VanderLegion are in the middle of a war. Let's see how things work out!
01-28-2012, 05:59 AM
(01-28-2012 04:53 AM)Kryddan Wrote:  Me and VanderLegion are in the middle of a war. Let's see how things work out!

Reinforcement bug preventing my planetary assault hurt.

01-28-2012, 06:04 AM
... still waiting on dawgs4ever. I'd say open up the call for a sub and first one that connects, I'll play. How long do you all want to wait for my game to get started?

I'd say cuban connection is a good responder ...
01-28-2012, 06:07 AM
bmike said you guys are short a player. Let me know what I need to do to join in....

Game Center Tag - CubanConnection
01-28-2012, 06:15 AM
Dawgs4Ever has been playing still, I know that much, cause I've got a FFA game he's in that's progressed at least a coupla turns today. Dunno if he's been checking the forums or not...