Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
v.1.1.0.b1 - General Bugs and Feedback
01-31-2012, 11:46 AM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2012 11:55 AM by rocco.)
v.1.1.0.b1 - General Bugs and Feedback
This is the thread that members of the SO beta testing group should use to report bugs (new or old) discovered while testing v1.1.0.b1.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-31-2012, 05:29 PM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2012 05:31 PM by VanderLegion.)
RE: v.1.1.0.b1 - General Bugs and Feedback
Not exactly a bug per se, but I just started a game vs 1 AI computer on a Massive map. I started on the upper right of the map, and there's literally only 1 system in range of my starting system to allow me to get to the rest of the planets. Fortunately that single system has 1 colonizable planet, but is it possible for your starting system to end up with no other systems in range, or for a single system in range like in this instance to not have any planets that you can colonize?
I guess the other question is if that single starting system could have a monster guarding it...

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
01-31-2012, 06:32 PM
Got a single player game on progress, figured id leave a bit of feedback.

So far, loving the custom build queue, seems to be set up exactly how i was hoping. The one thing id like to see changed: currently, city planning is not started building until youre at max pop for a planet. Could that be changed to max - 1? Thats when i always build my city planning so that i dont loae out on the population growth for the time it takes to build.

Retreat - again, works great. Lost a destroyer to dark matter it couldnt evade well enough, had several scouts get away. Again, one request. Could you possibly change it so when you get to new battles it doesnt default to retreat again? Maybe have it default to evasion if you retreated last? I like having orders default to whatever was used last, but id hate to attack or be attacked and forget to set orders and end up retreating when i didnt want to...

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
01-31-2012, 10:59 PM
Can you post a few screenshots of the new stuff? (Especially if you'd like feedback on the UI.)

Game Center IDs: ddebernardy | ddb.testflight
01-31-2012, 11:35 PM
I like the new spy techs but is there any chance of other empire wide technologies being added that aren't espionage related?

On top of bigger galaxies give us the option to play against more than 3 AIs. I've been asking for this since day one.
01-31-2012, 11:59 PM
(01-31-2012 10:59 PM)ddebernardy Wrote:  Can you post a few screenshots of the new stuff? (Especially if you'd like feedback on the UI.)

Join the beta! I count your feedback on balance decisions more valuable than simply your feedback on UI Wink
02-01-2012, 12:02 AM
(01-31-2012 11:35 PM)Treksdot Wrote:  I like the new spy techs but is there any chance of other empire wide technologies being added that aren't espionage related?

It's possible, although I don't have a new specific tech in mind for v1.1.

Is there something specific you have in mind?

(01-31-2012 11:35 PM)Treksdot Wrote:  On top of bigger galaxies give us the option to play against more than 3 AIs. I've been asking for this since day one.

Added to whipping post! The pass and play changes have bumped up support to eight concurrent empires, so single player can be bumped to support up to seven AI.
02-01-2012, 12:03 AM
I seriously considered it, but I've 10 games or so atm, and I lack a second device, so I'll most certainly be tied up until this gets released. Maybe when I buy an iPhone or an iPad 3. ;-)

Game Center IDs: ddebernardy | ddb.testflight
02-01-2012, 12:11 AM
(02-01-2012 12:03 AM)ddebernardy Wrote:  I seriously considered it, but I've 10 games or so atm, and I lack a second device, so I'll most certainly be tied up until this gets released. Maybe when I buy an iPhone or an iPad 3. ;-)

I worked it out so you can install the beta on the same device as your AppStore build. It'd be good if someone else could verify, but this shouldn't be a blocking issue anymore.
02-01-2012, 12:29 AM
(02-01-2012 12:02 AM)rocco Wrote:  It's possible, although I don't have a new specific tech in mind for v1.1.

Is there something specific you have in mind?

Give me some time to steal ideas from MoO brainstorm and I'll get back to you. Tongue