Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Economic hoarding then switching to funding
06-20-2012, 07:30 AM
RE: Economic hoarding then switching to funding
(06-20-2012 02:13 AM)Sanchez Wrote:  Sure but since ships can be scrapped for the same cash per prod value as economic funding, there is already a workaround.

True, the difference is the workaround makes sense, the shortcut doesn't. My feeling is if you have decided the store up industry then it is stored as just that, and the only way to convert that to cash would be to make something and sell it. So scrapping makes sense.
I guess it depends if you want things to be easier at the expense of theme or logic. I don't really mind.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-20-2012, 08:28 AM
(06-20-2012 07:30 AM)jbthechamp Wrote:  
(06-20-2012 02:13 AM)Sanchez Wrote:  Sure but since ships can be scrapped for the same cash per prod value as economic funding, there is already a workaround.

True, the difference is the workaround makes sense, the shortcut doesn't. My feeling is if you have decided the store up industry then it is stored as just that, and the only way to convert that to cash would be to make something and sell it. So scrapping makes sense.
I guess it depends if you want things to be easier at the expense of theme or logic. I don't really mind.

I don't see why it makes any sense to sell off hoarded industry than a ship you built with it. Economic hoarding just means you're people are doing SOMETHING that prepares them for building something later. So maybe they're putting together parts, or cutting out sheets of metal in various sizes or something, so when they need to build something they already have some (or all) of what they need ready. There's no reason you couldn't sell off the random parts for cash as opposed to putting them together in a ship then selling that.

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
06-20-2012, 09:47 AM
(06-20-2012 08:28 AM)VanderLegion Wrote:  
(06-20-2012 07:30 AM)jbthechamp Wrote:  

I don't see why it makes any sense to sell off hoarded industry than a ship you built with it. Economic hoarding just means you're people are doing SOMETHING that prepares them for building something later. So maybe they're putting together parts, or cutting out sheets of metal in various sizes or something, so when they need to build something they already have some (or all) of what they need ready. There's no reason you couldn't sell off the random parts for cash as opposed to putting them together in a ship then selling that.

If you have a ship building project and have the shipyard working at it for years, then have to scrap the project for any reason, selling off the parts would make you minimal cash (or should do) compared to selling off the finished product.
06-21-2012, 06:52 AM
Who says that the project is being scrapped though? Maybe I'm hoarding, then I want to get a little extra cash for a leader, and i switch to funding. I'm not scraping the project, I'm postponing it for one turn. When I have all that material saved up, as VL said, i'm not just going to junk it because I needed to do something else for a turn.

Writer and all around crazy person.
GC ID: falanor4421 *** Sandbox : falanor4421 (I think...) ***
Always looking for a game