Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rawr!
02-15-2012, 10:26 PM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2012 10:33 PM by Dorjan24.)
Rawr!
Hi everyone,

I'm a long time 4x player (Space Empires, MoO, Dom etc) and wanted something good on my phone, could not believe MoO was on the iPhone! Crazy.

Anyway, In my first multiplayer game after squashing the "hard" Rolleyes AI in my tutorial game and just want to say it's an awesome game (even with its bugs!)

My quick opinion (so people can judge me!)

The turn system (auto turns) is amazing, I have a feeling it could be slightly better but I'll reserve judgement until after my first 4 player multi-player.

The UI works really well for the most part but there are the few bugs which prevent buttons from working / screen rotation to flip out. I find the ships status / build hard to find / check out (double tapping! I just didn't figure that out until my mutli-player partner told me!) but apart from that it doesn't get in the way.

The battles are a bit.. well... I dunno. lame? It seems every game is either a total loss or a total victory but I'm new, I'm sure it's just me.

Research. I understand how it works... ish.. although is it random? So if I research fuel cells do all the red ones disappear or only random ones?

ANYWHO. Hi! Heart Loving the game so far (undefeated :lolSmile So whoever wants to show me how the game is really played add me on the game center and beat the snot out of me!

Cheers Cool

Edit: Also awesome to see the planned "Retreat" option for my scouts and the decrease in cost for support modules. When I realised that guns were like 40 cost and the armour was 200 I was like O.o

GC ID - Dorjan24, London Time.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-16-2012, 05:58 AM
RE: Rawr!
(02-15-2012 10:26 PM)Dorjan24 Wrote:  Research. I understand how it works... ish.. although is it random? So if I research fuel cells do all the red ones disappear or only random ones?
When you finish researching an item in one of the tech trees, all green items in that tree become yellow, all yellow items become red, and all red items disappear. If you research far enough up the tree, things that disppeared previously start to show up again.

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
03-13-2012, 10:44 AM
whoops! I didn't reply.

Thanks! I think I've got the hang of it. Nervous about facing others as it seems to take me forever to build anything x.x

Managed to beat an impossible AI though... which I guess is something!

03-14-2012, 02:19 PM
Just added you to GC Dorjan24. I suggest playing a survival MP game before going head to head. That way you can get tips and tricks as you fight the waves of AI!

GC: Elph -=- GC Sandbox: Elph
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-14-2012, 10:23 PM
(03-14-2012 02:19 PM)elph Wrote:  Just added you to GC Dorjan24. I suggest playing a survival MP game before going head to head. That way you can get tips and tricks as you fight the waves of AI!

Accepted!