Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
v1.1 - GC games with more than 4 players not possible? [solved]
02-28-2012, 11:45 PM (This post was last modified: 02-29-2012 01:09 AM by Tunesmith.)
v1.1 - GC games with more than 4 players not possible? [solved]
Hi, first post on the forum but I've lurked around since the initial release Smile,

Have a quick question regarding 1.1.

The update notes mentions:

Quote:• More Empires Per Map
Previously Starbase Orion limited game to four empires; you can now enjoy the game with up to eight empires! For single player that’s you and seven computer opponents. For GameCenter and Pass and Play that's four human players and four computer players. Which leads us too...

• Computer Empires in Multiplayer Matches
Not satisfied with conquering just your friends? Now you can up the ante by throwing up to four computer empires into the mix. Now wouldn't it be cool if you could team up with your friends against the computer players...
Now I can't seem to find a way to set up a Game Center game with more than 4 human players (eg. the way it was in previous versions). Is there something I'm missing or are the update notes misleading and are the new "4v4" etc. combinations actually only for Pass and Play games? I only have Standard and Custom Game options in multiplayer. The latter only offers the usual "2 to 4 human players" scenario.

Cheers,
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-29-2012, 12:22 AM (This post was last modified: 02-29-2012 12:38 AM by rocco.)
RE: v1.1 - GC games with more than 4 players not possible?
Welcome!

(02-28-2012 11:45 PM)Tunesmith Wrote:  Now I can't seem to find a way to set up a Game Center game with more than 4 human players (eg. the way it was in previous versions). Is there something I'm missing or are the update notes misleading and are the new "4v4" etc. combinations actually only for Pass and Play games? I only have Standard and Custom Game options in multiplayer. The latter only offers the usual "2 to 4 human players" scenario.

If you choose Custom Game from the multiplayer section, it will open the stand GC invite dialog. Invite up to four of your friends, then hit "Play Now". You should then be taken to a game customization screen, where you can choose map size, number of computer players, etc.

If you get to the GC dialog any other path (by choosing Standard game, or by deleting all of your current games and it automatically going there), then you won't be able to customize the game since its a Standard game.
02-29-2012, 01:06 AM
Hey rocco

Thanks, I re-tried what you said and I had do re-install the game for it to actually get me to the customization screen, but now it seems to work as intended. Previously when picking Custom Match it put me directly to the race selection screen after inviting friends and then into a regular free for all 4 player game. I was only able to see the customization screen in Pass and Play. Happy it works now though, I guess something wasn't right after my first update.

Keep up the good work!
02-29-2012, 05:40 AM
(02-29-2012 12:22 AM)rocco Wrote:  If you choose Custom Game from the multiplayer section, it will open the stand GC invite dialog. Invite up to four of your friends, then hit "Play Now". You should then be taken to a game customization screen, where you can choose map size, number of computer players, etc.

We've been trying to set up a 4 player game, allied, teams or free for all, and seem to only be able to have 2 humans join the game. The other 2 humans NAMES appear, but they are controlled by the AI.

Having different people start the game, resetting phone, reinstalling, no dice. Still have a max of two humans in any game we start.

I sent in a bug report with what I hope is the game with the problem... sending in bug reports wasnt super obvious, nor did it let me pick a game to send in. Let me know if theres anything else I need to do.
02-29-2012, 06:06 AM
(02-29-2012 05:40 AM)Chandleyprime Wrote:  
(02-29-2012 12:22 AM)rocco Wrote:  If you choose Custom Game from the multiplayer section, it will open the stand GC invite dialog. Invite up to four of your friends, then hit "Play Now". You should then be taken to a game customization screen, where you can choose map size, number of computer players, etc.

We've been trying to set up a 4 player game, allied, teams or free for all, and seem to only be able to have 2 humans join the game. The other 2 humans NAMES appear, but they are controlled by the AI.

Having different people start the game, resetting phone, reinstalling, no dice. Still have a max of two humans in any game we start.

I sent in a bug report with what I hope is the game with the problem... sending in bug reports wasnt super obvious, nor did it let me pick a game to send in. Let me know if theres anything else I need to do.

Interesting. We were playing at least 3 player in the beta, I don't remember if I had any 4 player games going...

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
02-29-2012, 06:07 AM
(02-29-2012 05:40 AM)Chandleyprime Wrote:  We've been trying to set up a 4 player game, allied, teams or free for all, and seem to only be able to have 2 humans join the game. The other 2 humans NAMES appear, but they are controlled by the AI.

That was perfect, thanks. I see the bug; it is affecting 4 human player game center games only, it works correctly with just three human players.

I will get this fixed in the next update (we're targeting a quick v1.1.1 to handle any issues found in v1.1). My apologies for this bug making it through testing.