Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Starbase Orion 1.1 Tournament
03-13-2012, 03:25 AM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2012 03:26 AM by rocco.)
RE: Starbase Orion 1.1 Tournament
To be safe, you should avoid using primary targets in tournament games. From my examination of the bug, VL is likely correct in that it will most likely benefit the other player.

There are no outstanding exploits in v1.1.1 that have been reported.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-13-2012, 10:42 AM
good luck all!

GC ID - Dorjan24, London Time.
03-13-2012, 11:16 AM
Does someone have to be in your friends list for you to invite them to a game? It seems that way. Friend request sent to ddebernardy.

Shy
game center ID: orotoro
Rolleyes
03-13-2012, 01:12 PM
(03-13-2012 11:16 AM)handyighland Wrote:  Does someone have to be in your friends list for you to invite them to a game? It seems that way. Friend request sent to ddebernardy.

I've never been able to friend a name but needed a recent game or an email. Also, everyone should be sure their game center account allows friend requests from strangers.
03-13-2012, 02:06 PM
ddebernardy please pm me to start our match, your account does not permit private messages from other members and I can't find your email address.

Shy
Rolleyes
03-13-2012, 03:30 PM
(03-13-2012 01:12 PM)bmike Wrote:  
(03-13-2012 11:16 AM)handyighland Wrote:  Does someone have to be in your friends list for you to invite them to a game? It seems that way. Friend request sent to ddebernardy.

I've never been able to friend a name but needed a recent game or an email. Also, everyone should be sure their game center account allows friend requests from strangers.

I've never had an issue inviting someone based on the GC name. I don't know that I've ever actually done it any other way...

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
03-13-2012, 11:11 PM
(03-13-2012 03:30 PM)VanderLegion Wrote:  

I've never had an issue inviting someone based on the GC name. I don't know that I've ever actually done it any other way...

Good to know that it does work. The interface says use name or email - just the times I've used a name, it didn't work. The person either didn't see or didn't approve the request. For example, my match up in the first round never accepted after three requests, so I've not ever played that person or seen them on game center. Most people here, I was able to invite / friend based on being mutually invited to a game by an already established connection...
03-14-2012, 07:22 AM
What is the targeting bug? For those of us who haven't kept up with some of the threads, what's the deal! Smile

1.09 Tournament Champion (February, 2012)
03-14-2012, 07:30 AM
(03-13-2012 11:11 PM)bmike Wrote:  

Good to know that it does work. The interface says use name or email - just the times I've used a name, it didn't work. The person either didn't see or didn't approve the request. For example, my match up in the first round never accepted after three requests, so I've not ever played that person or seen them on game center. Most people here, I was able to invite / friend based on being mutually invited to a game by an already established connection...

the steps i'm taking are:

1. custom match
2. select game parameters
3. game center comes up, I select invite friend
4. friend list comes up with my list of friends and no other options.
5. ???

Shy
Rolleyes
03-14-2012, 07:31 AM (This post was last modified: 03-14-2012 07:32 AM by VanderLegion.)
(03-14-2012 07:30 AM)handyighland Wrote:  
(03-13-2012 11:11 PM)bmike Wrote:  

the steps i'm taking are:

1. custom match
2. select game parameters
3. game center comes up, I select invite friend
4. friend list comes up with my list of friends and no other options.
5. ???

You've gotta add them as a friend through game center before you can start a match against them
(03-14-2012 07:22 AM)Shep Wrote:  What is the targeting bug? For those of us who haven't kept up with some of the threads, what's the deal! Smile

Some kind of bug with primary target. People use primary target, they win the combat. Next turn, the opponent's entire fleet is alive again and kills them (assuming they lost enough ships in the first round to not win again).

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion