Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Starbase Orion 1.1 Tournament
03-14-2012, 07:54 AM (This post was last modified: 03-14-2012 07:54 AM by rocco.)
RE: Starbase Orion 1.1 Tournament
(03-14-2012 07:31 AM)VanderLegion Wrote:  Some kind of bug with primary target. People use primary target, they win the combat. Next turn, the opponent's entire fleet is alive again and kills them (assuming they lost enough ships in the first round to not win again).

Right; basically there is a bug where the combat resolution on the server differs from when the combat viewer regenerates the combat when a primary target is set, and the battle is big enough. The server always wins out though.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-14-2012, 12:23 PM
So don't use primary target is the point?

1.09 Tournament Champion (February, 2012)
03-14-2012, 12:27 PM
(03-13-2012 03:25 AM)rocco Wrote:  To be safe, you should avoid using primary targets in tournament games. From my examination of the bug, VL is likely correct in that it will most likely benefit the other player.

There are no outstanding exploits in v1.1.1 that have been reported.

Shep: yes, unless we play each other. Then use it all you want if it brings back ships of mine that you killed Smile

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
03-16-2012, 03:44 PM
Well, first round of tournament and I'm out. I pity the fool who gets matched up with VanderLegion next!

GC: Elph -=- GC Sandbox: Elph
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-16-2012, 09:26 PM
(03-16-2012 03:44 PM)elph Wrote:  Well, first round of tournament and I'm out. I pity the fool who gets matched up with VanderLegion next!

I'm still waiting for my match to start. I think he said he was on holiday or something.

Though we are not now that strength that in
Old days moved earth and heaven
That which we are, we are
One equal temper of heroic hearts
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield
-------
GC: engineeredguy2 GCS: StandAlone-SB
03-17-2012, 01:58 AM
(03-16-2012 09:26 PM)StandAlone Wrote:  
(03-16-2012 03:44 PM)elph Wrote:  Well, first round of tournament and I'm out. I pity the fool who gets matched up with VanderLegion next!

I'm still waiting for my match to start. I think he said he was on holiday or something.

Yah, said he was on holiday this week, so we'll see what happens in the next few days or so.

03-17-2012, 06:37 AM
handyighland: Has ddebernardy accepted your friend invite yet? I haven't seen him post on the forums here in a while and he hasn't made a move in our games in about a week and a half now. If he doesn't show up by the time JabaMaya and StandAlone get their game started we may hafta see if there's anyone else who wants to take his place...

03-17-2012, 07:11 AM
(03-17-2012 06:37 AM)VanderLegion Wrote:  handyighland: Has ddebernardy accepted your friend invite yet? I haven't seen him post on the forums here in a while and he hasn't made a move in our games in about a week and a half now. If he doesn't show up by the time JabaMaya and StandAlone get their game started we may hafta see if there's anyone else who wants to take his place...

I have not gotten a response, so our match has not started.

Shy
game center ID: orotoro
Rolleyes
03-18-2012, 03:13 AM
So I apparently didn't understand the targeting bug, and it screwed me hard against Mike. Basically, had a SB II defeat two of his BSs, with one of my BSs reinforcing next turn. I primary targetted the lase 3 one, since i've done this before and it's never caused an issue. Well, bit me hard, as they came back, finished off a weakened starbase, and then killed my BS. Oh well.

Will PM Mike to see how he wants to proceed.

1.09 Tournament Champion (February, 2012)
03-18-2012, 07:40 AM
(03-18-2012 03:13 AM)Shep Wrote:  So I apparently didn't understand the targeting bug, and it screwed me hard against Mike. Basically, had a SB II defeat two of his BSs, with one of my BSs reinforcing next turn. I primary targetted the lase 3 one, since i've done this before and it's never caused an issue. Well, bit me hard, as they came back, finished off a weakened starbase, and then killed my BS. Oh well.

Will PM Mike to see how he wants to proceed.

Hey, now you know how it feels to be screwed by a bug in a tournament game too!!! Join the club Smile