Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Pro Tips Thread
03-25-2012, 07:23 AM
RE: Pro Tips Thread
(03-22-2012 02:16 AM)rocco Wrote:  ...
[*]Usually you only need more than one Agent Training Camp in your empire.

lost in translation, rocco?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-25-2012, 11:32 AM
(03-25-2012 07:23 AM)JabaMaya Wrote:  
(03-22-2012 02:16 AM)rocco Wrote:  ...
[*]Usually you only need more than one Agent Training Camp in your empire.

lost in translation, rocco?

Oops!
03-27-2012, 01:25 PM
Research ship speed and leapfrog your opponents' fleets to take out their departure colonies.

Set your ships to evade if have an incoming reinforcing fleet.
03-28-2012, 02:24 PM
Position picket ships to allow surviellance of enemy movemets, especially beware of wormhole excursions.
03-29-2012, 09:23 AM
Planet Spam, it is pretty much the only way to win currently.
03-29-2012, 08:26 PM
(03-29-2012 09:23 AM)BSG Wrote:  Planet Spam, it is pretty much the only way to win currently.

lol? Expanding in a space 4x game the only way to win? get out of town!

Plus over-expanding is still a possibility...

p.s not the place for bitching

GC ID - Dorjan24, London Time.
04-02-2012, 05:45 AM
(03-29-2012 08:26 PM)Dorjan24 Wrote:  
(03-29-2012 09:23 AM)BSG Wrote:  Planet Spam, it is pretty much the only way to win currently.

There's no economic, technological, cultural victory. The only way left is conquer, which requires lots of planets to build a huge fleet.
04-06-2012, 09:35 PM
(04-02-2012 05:45 AM)BSG Wrote:  

There's no economic, technological, cultural victory. The only way left is conquer, which requires lots of planets to build a huge fleet.
I disagree. Whilst your planet spamming and what I call over-expanding to mostly junk planets, a focused player would've scouted this and put some laser1 scouts to annoy your expansion forcing you to try to build ships, this'll leave you with planets which can't effectively do anything (2-3 population with no factories even with +2 you're looking at nothing worth while)

Your enemy on the other hand is producing a cruiser/bb every 8ish turns, with laser 3 and is heading towards your home with his expansions.

So he has 4-5 planets, you're spamming planets, before you get your feet on the ground you're dead, even with a full swing to production by this point it's too late.

In any (good) x4 game this is true, under and over expansion is the bane of most novices or casual players. Knowing when to stop expanding and the balance between the two is key.

GC ID - Dorjan24, London Time.
04-07-2012, 03:26 AM
(04-06-2012 09:35 PM)Dorjan24 Wrote:  
(04-02-2012 05:45 AM)BSG Wrote:  

I disagree. Whilst your planet spamming and what I call over-expanding to mostly junk planets, a focused player would've scouted this and put some laser1 scouts to annoy your expansion forcing you to try to build ships, this'll leave you with planets which can't effectively do anything (2-3 population with no factories even with +2 you're looking at nothing worth while)

Your enemy on the other hand is producing a cruiser/bb every 8ish turns, with laser 3 and is heading towards your home with his expansions.

So he has 4-5 planets, you're spamming planets, before you get your feet on the ground you're dead, even with a full swing to production by this point it's too late.

In any (good) x4 game this is true, under and over expansion is the bane of most novices or casual players. Knowing when to stop expanding and the balance between the two is key.

Agreed. I've actually stopped mass expanding nearly as much as I used to. Now I only expand to planets that are actually good, or else to less useful planets if I need to get out further to where there might actually BE good ones, and mostly don't expand out to 10 or 15 systems anymore...

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
04-27-2012, 08:05 PM
When Laser ship goes against Laser ship, you can predict the winner by comparing the quantity MaxDamage*(Armor+Structure) for each ship, provided neither side has Shields or Fantastic Engineers.