Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
List of Feature Requests
04-01-2012, 06:42 AM
RE: List of Feature Requests
(03-31-2012 01:38 PM)VanderLegion Wrote:  
(03-31-2012 12:33 PM)TerranEmperor Wrote:  One important feature request that has not been mentioned much in this thread are the fighter bays and strike crafts. I saw that they are on the list, but besides that there has been no mention. The fighter bays would be one of the best new features in my opinion, but what does SO development and administration think?

Rocco's talked about it in the thread discussing them. This thread is mainly just so theres a list people can reference when they want to see if something has been suggested or not, its not meant for discussion about the various topics, thats why it has links to the discussion threads for some of thrm (and will have the rest later)

Okay I did not see that he had talked about them so I wanted to ask him here. Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2012, 10:35 AM
(04-01-2012 06:42 AM)TerranEmperor Wrote:  
(03-31-2012 01:38 PM)VanderLegion Wrote:  
(03-31-2012 12:33 PM)TerranEmperor Wrote:  One important feature request that has not been mentioned much in this thread are the fighter bays and strike crafts. I saw that they are on the list, but besides that there has been no mention. The fighter bays would be one of the best new features in my opinion, but what does SO development and administration think?

Rocco's talked about it in the thread discussing them. This thread is mainly just so theres a list people can reference when they want to see if something has been suggested or not, its not meant for discussion about the various topics, thats why it has links to the discussion threads for some of thrm (and will have the rest later)

Okay I did not see that he had talked about them so I wanted to ask him here. Thanks.

No problem. That's why I'm working on getting the links to the discussion threads for all the requests so people can easily find the discussion for whatever topics they're interested in.

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
04-01-2012, 11:25 PM
I am not in favour of keeping longlivety of Laser weapon by introducing Laser 4 or Laser 5. Some weapons get obsolete... Plan ahead
04-02-2012, 04:18 AM
(04-01-2012 11:25 PM)General_Grr Wrote:  I am not in favour of keeping longlivety of Laser weapon by introducing Laser 4 or Laser 5. Some weapons get obsolete... Plan ahead

Thr problem really is that right now the only good weapon late game is IPC. Theres really no other alternative. Also, the fact that plasma and gauss are t currently worth using...

04-02-2012, 07:11 AM
Maybe better to boost Plasmas and Gauss then...? Can't offer feedback because all my games end much earlier...

Leading my back to another question about taking over colonies. The current game mechanics is like a snowball effect, once you loose an important battle it is normally downhill from there. Colonies/Planets get taking over and used against you...

- What's the official position on colony "unrest" after conquest? Some turns when they don't produce and add to command pool?

Thanks!
04-02-2012, 06:43 PM
Unrest is a good idea. Maybe it even costs GC to calm them down so that they can be moved and slaughtered so I can colonise with my epic guys. And I think it's simple enough nerf the IPC. Making it more expensive will have little effect cause in late game it is the only thing that's effective. Especially if opponent uses sheilds. Or make sheilds block percentages of damage, that'll work.

GC - Sarducar_Dun
04-04-2012, 11:54 AM
I'd like to add some feature requests:

* Ability to sell/scrap space-based buildings. Specifically, I can find no way to scrap a starbase. (Costs me money, and now may be far away from the front lines. May apply to other star system features.)

* Ability to jump from the turn summary list to either the build screen (which is where you jump today) or the planet screen or just center the galaxy map on that star system. I've conquered 1/3rd of a massize size galaxy, and I've invested heavily in the 3rd category of tech so I have lots of buildings to make and lots of terraforming to do, so I always get dozens of turn summary items every turn. Most of the time, I can jump to the build screen and make the change I need, but sometimes I need more context such as planet population, building spots, and the layout of other planets in the star system in order to make a good choice. In these cases, I have to go to the Empire page, scroll around a lot to find the planet that I need to fix, then back out to the turn summary page. Rinse & repeat about 5 times for a list of 30 turn changes, and it's very tedious. But if I could jump to the planet screen or even just center the map on the star system in question, it would be faster.

* Alternatively to the above, if I could tweak the automation more completely, I could do away with a lot of the manual tweaks I like to make. For example, I like to prioritize more colonist space, but only if the colony is near max population. So if I could set a force-ranked list of the order in which I want buildings built, and put conditions on that list, that would be great. E.g., advanced colony planning could be 5th on the list, but it would only trigger if there is only room for at most 1 more colonist. With each completed tech, the list is re-evaluated.
04-04-2012, 01:15 PM
(04-04-2012 11:54 AM)rhaining Wrote:  * Alternatively to the above, if I could tweak the automation more completely, I could do away with a lot of the manual tweaks I like to make. For example, I like to prioritize more colonist space, but only if the colony is near max population. So if I could set a force-ranked list of the order in which I want buildings built, and put conditions on that list, that would be great. E.g., advanced colony planning could be 5th on the list, but it would only trigger if there is only room for at most 1 more colonist. With each completed tech, the list is re-evaluated.

Just a note - Advanced Colony Planning WILL only autobuild if you're at max or 1 under max population. If it's in your build focus and there's less population than that, it'll just skip over it and go to the next item. Same for the one for building space, will only build if there's only 1 slot left. Cloning facilities will only build on planets that are under max population.

If you have one of those in your build focus that's been skipped so something else is building further down the list and conditions change (gain a new population, etc), it'll automatically swap to building the skipped item.

04-05-2012, 07:23 AM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2012 07:57 AM by awrc.)
Another variation on "useless" systems - a lower cost variation on a colony ship that can be sent to one of these systems, and that just orbits the sun, and basically acts as a supply base. So you can extend the reach of your ships in the early game. Making it multi-level (Supply Station I, Supply Station II, maybe with Supply Base Defense as a tech, allowing you to drop a variation on a (configurable) Starbase in place. No in-place upgrades, strictly by replacement, Defense option gives them weapons, armor (w restrictions, type specific options). Basic I vs II determines max size of ship it can resupply and/or "resupply points" per turn. OK, last is maybe getting over-complex, since current resupply capability of tiny cruddy world w 1 farmer same as that of 33 pop huge Gaia.

Stilted language from my iPad
04-05-2012, 08:10 AM
(04-05-2012 07:23 AM)awrc Wrote:  Another variation on "useless" systems - a lower cost variation on a colony ship that can be sent to one of these systems, and that just orbits the sun, and basically acts as a supply base. So you can extend the reach of your ships in the early game. Making it multi-level (Supply Station I, Supply Station II, maybe with Supply Base Defense as a tech, allowing you to drop a variation on a (configurable) Starbase in place. No in-place upgrades, strictly by replacement, Defense option gives them weapons, armor (w restrictions, type specific options). Basic I vs II determines max size of ship it can resupply and/or "resupply points" per turn. OK, last is maybe getting over-complex, since current resupply capability of tiny cruddy world w 1 farmer same as that of 33 pop huge Gaia.

Stilted language from my iPad

That is a great thought, I second the motion.