04-10-2012, 04:09 AM
RE: 1.1.3 balance
That makes sense. Thanks guys.

GC - Sarducar_Dun
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2012, 06:30 PM
Cool addition with scrapping ships at starbases! However 100% yield rate seems too high as you also indicated in your note. If I understand it correctly you could then use you starting cruiser upgrade it to laser 3 and magically gain additional production points.

Maybe make it

50% for starbase 1
60% for starbase 2
70% for starbase 3

Cheers!
04-11-2012, 06:06 AM
I'll be interested to see how scrapping ships for production works out in the beta. And since rocco never posted any thoughts on it, I'm gonna post a shameless link to the thread I created quite a while back with my thoughts on how ship upgrades could work. Granted, it'd be a lot more work to code than what rocco set up for 1.1.3 beta I'm sure...

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
04-11-2012, 07:04 AM
(04-11-2012 06:06 AM)VanderLegion Wrote:  Granted, it'd be a lot more work to code than what rocco set up for 1.1.3 beta I'm sure...

Yes, I remember reading that. Orders of magnitude difference in the level of effort involved between the two ideas.

We'll see how it shakes out in beta. I think with a few tweaks to the amount refunded it'll be fine. Worst case, I can always pull it Angel
04-11-2012, 07:08 AM
What are the likely effects of being able to upgrade ships?

Maybe it will give people an incentive to rush early.

If rush fails you can always retreat, upgrade your ships and try again. Previously you sat there with an outdated fleet of Laser 1, or Laser 2, while your opponent that invested in technology could gun you down with his top-modern laser 3 fleet.

However, the new restriction of upgrading only works at starbases should favour a defender.

Let's try it out in the beta...

As for implementation I prefer something as simple as possible. For me even the $ scrapping gain you got before was enough. My only objection was that you could also scrap ships in space.
06-06-2012, 04:40 PM
(06-06-2012 04:10 PM)nvrgtgnjdgd Wrote:  Can't wait to test it out! When can we expect a buildSmile. Getting all excited here...

Tiffany & Co Outlet
Karen Millen Outlet
Longchamp Outlet
Tiffany Jewelry

They're getting smarter!

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion