Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Starting tech
05-17-2012, 02:58 PM (This post was last modified: 05-17-2012 03:09 PM by Teet_III.)
RE: Starting tech
I like this idea. I think giving each race the option of what building to start with could lead to intesting and diverse strategy decisons. This could be treated as a free racial trait, with up to one choice from several buildings like hydroponics, research center, etc...

Then again, that might just put us back in a place where industry dominates because it has early access to research... But I still like having the option.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-18-2012, 01:29 AM
RE: Starting tech
I like the idea of starting techs based on specialty but looking at the possibilities it seems unbalanced and I like the way those technologies work at the moment so I'm not a fan of them changing. So I suggest instead if this is to go forward then to instead create new simple techs that give an advantage but still keeping semblance of balance. Also keeping these techs out of the research tree would be a nice touch imo since they shouldn't give big advantages, more of flavoring.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply