Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Starbase Orion Academy
05-02-2012, 02:35 AM
RE: Starbase Orion Academy
(05-02-2012 02:30 AM)MiiiikeT Wrote:  Question on starbases. Lets say I have already built starbases on all my planets and then I get some new tech and decide to put a new weapon on my starbases. Does it automatically give all my starbases the newest tech?.. Because I don't see a way to update the starbases if it doesn't.

It gives the tech to all starbases that are not currently in combat. I believe if a starbase is in combat it doesn't get the upgrade till after the combat is over.

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2012, 02:38 AM
But you have to manually go in and upgrade it with the weapons you want in the ship design window. Then all the starbases are updated with the new design.

Writer and all around crazy person.
GC ID: falanor4421 *** Sandbox : falanor4421 (I think...) ***
Always looking for a game
05-02-2012, 02:43 AM
Cool, that's what I thought.

GC- MiiikeT
Always up for a game

Sandbox(beta)- MonkSRb
Regular: MessiTheMessiah10(just changed my GC id from MonkSR)
05-02-2012, 02:56 AM
(05-02-2012 02:30 AM)MiiiikeT Wrote:  Question on starbases. Lets say I have already built starbases on all my planets and then I get some new tech and decide to put a new weapon on my starbases. Does it automatically give all my starbases the newest tech?.. Because I don't see a way to update the starbases if it doesn't.

I believe that the starbase auto updates. Rocco and/or Vanderlegion can correct me if I'm wrong.

Though we are not now that strength that in
Old days moved earth and heaven
That which we are, we are
One equal temper of heroic hearts
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield
-------
GC: engineeredguy2 GCS: StandAlone-SB
05-02-2012, 04:29 AM
Starbases who are not in combat are instantly upgraded to match whatever the current design is. If a starbase is in combat, it will keep whatever design it had when it first entered combat.
05-02-2012, 09:35 PM
(05-02-2012 04:29 AM)rocco Wrote:  Starbases who are not in combat are instantly upgraded to match whatever the current design is. If a starbase is in combat, it will keep whatever design it had when it first entered combat.

i just had the case yesterday were i changed the setup of my sb2 during a combat and in the next round i had the new setup (more torpedos).
05-03-2012, 12:42 AM
(05-02-2012 09:35 PM)JabaMaya Wrote:  i just had the case yesterday were i changed the setup of my sb2 during a combat and in the next round i had the new setup (more torpedos).

If it is a combat that ended but a immediately re-entered into a new combat ( the same case where the winning player would get a planetary bombardment opportunity message ) then this is accurate.
05-03-2012, 01:33 AM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2012 01:36 AM by Dardanthian.)
Hi am new to the game ( a couple of days ago) ,and I was wondering when you are looking at the planet screen and it says XXK (right above your population) how does this correlate to getting a new civilian on the plant? Is it mesured in 100k per 1 new worker or what? I also would like to know if having a build that focuses on production and gaining new wokers is viable? Could you also give me a list of all the added bonuses (like precious minerals for example) that I can reffer to since I don't have them memorized?I have learned that it is much better than playing a research build.

I would not mind being appretinced either. Currently I just had a new baby so I only have time to play against the computer (when I have time) ,but maybe in the future months I could start up a Multiplayer game or something.

Thanks,
Dard.
05-03-2012, 02:24 AM
(05-03-2012 01:33 AM)Dardanthian Wrote:  Hi am new to the game ( a couple of days ago) ,and I was wondering when you are looking at the planet screen and it says XXK (right above your population) how does this correlate to getting a new civilian on the plant? Is it mesured in 100k per 1 new worker or what? I also would like to know if having a build that focuses on production and gaining new wokers is viable? Could you also give me a list of all the added bonuses (like precious minerals for example) that I can reffer to since I don't have them memorized?I have learned that it is much better than playing a research build.

I would not mind being appretinced either. Currently I just had a new baby so I only have time to play against the computer (when I have time) ,but maybe in the future months I could start up a Multiplayer game or something.

Thanks,
Dard.

You get a new worker on the planet when you gain 1 million new population. So if you have a planet at 100k per turn, you'll get a new worker every 10 turns, etc.

Planet bonuses:
Precious Minerals - +10 GC per turn
Biorich Fungi - +4 food per turn for that planet, regardless of what type of planet it is (works on barren/toxic/radiated where you can't farm)
Ancient Ruins - +1 research per turn per researcher

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
05-04-2012, 12:30 AM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2012 12:36 AM by Dardanthian.)
(05-03-2012 02:24 AM)VanderLegion Wrote:  
(05-03-2012 01:33 AM)Dardanthian Wrote:  Hi am new to the game ( a couple of days ago) ,and I was wondering when you are looking at the planet screen and it says XXK (right above your population) how does this correlate to getting a new civilian on the plant? Is it mesured in 100k per 1 new worker or what? I also would like to know if having a build that focuses on production and gaining new wokers is viable? Could you also give me a list of all the added bonuses (like precious minerals for example) that I can reffer to since I don't have them memorized?I have learned that it is much better than playing a research build.

Thanks,
Dard.

You get a new worker on the planet when you gain 1 million new population. So if you have a planet at 100k per turn, you'll get a new worker every 10 turns, etc.

Planet bonuses:
Precious Minerals - +10 GC per turn
Biorich Fungi - +4 food per turn for that planet, regardless of what type of planet it is (works on barren/toxic/radiated where you can't farm)
Ancient Ruins - +1 research per turn per researcher
Thank you Vander for the answers I was looking for,
Dardanthian.

Can someone explain the "scorched earth" also what version is the game currently in?