Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Starbase Orion Academy
10-29-2012, 06:17 AM
RE: Starbase Orion Academy
(10-29-2012 04:36 AM)TheIronKrakend Wrote:  Anyone up for playing some games together? I'm trying to learn this game. I'm just having a little trouble getting used to the mid/late game.

I've played a lot of Civ, so I should pick up quick.

GCN: TheIronKraken

I've added you to my GC, but it doesn't list your handle. What name do you use on GC? I'll start a survival game and show you the end game ropes Smile

GC: Elph -=- GC Sandbox: Elph
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-29-2012, 07:09 AM
I just changed my name earlier today, so there might be a bug with that. I'm not sure. We are in the game now though, so hopefully it's working out Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
01-04-2013, 11:59 AM
(10-29-2012 04:36 AM)TheIronKraken Wrote:  Anyone up for playing some games together? I'm trying to learn this game. I'm just having a little trouble getting used to the mid/late game.

I've played a lot of Civ, so I should pick up quick.

GCN: TheIronKraken

Hey all,

I remembered playing MOO and MOO2 and found this app recently. Just started playing a couple days ago and I'm hooked! I'm still fairly novice, but getting strategies (this and other forums help a lot, so thanks!), but am still hitting brick walls. Anyone wanna play me? My game center handle is the same as my screen name here: shame_of-drones

Go easy, tho. I'm only getting there.
03-01-2013, 06:11 AM
Hi all, I'm really new to this game and I want to learn as much as I can. My Game Center name is Cancuino.
03-05-2013, 03:05 AM
So I love this game (as I loved MOO2 (and to a lesser extent MOO3) before it), but something is very confusing to me. I understand about Hard/Impossible AI getting bonus morale to boost production. I don't understand how Easy AI gets to run massive deficits to build huge fleets. Seriously, I have a damn fine empire, and from the intel I've gathered, my rivals all have deeply negative bank balances. So negative that it's impossible to tell how deep in the hole one or two of them are - I have upwards of 1,000 GC, and it barely blips above the zero-line; meanwhile, one of my enemies' balance is at a negative point that looks like it must correspond to -20,000 GC, at least.

I get that the AI needs some cheats to be able to compete at all, but that seems ludicrous to me.
07-02-2013, 08:53 AM
I would like to join too. I am able to reliably beat average AI (albeit with the unlimited racial build). I have not yet tried anything harder.

Is, for example, easy AI with bonuses on harder to win than average AI with bonuses off, or is it the other way around? Also, does this hold true for each difficulty level? What are the best settings to learn on (for example: massive, old, early, ring)?

When I start to get the game more, would it be useful for me to try to develop a play style that can work even when I use a custom race that puts me at a disadvantage compared to the AI (like no bonuses, or even only bad traits)?

If I develop a play style that works even at a disadvantage, would the strategy then work even better when trying to use a beneficial custom race?

This sort of information would be a huge help, thanks