Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
4 Player AI Races
10-18-2011, 02:03 PM
4 Player AI Races
I don't know if this is a bug or just bad luck but I started a game with 4 players, me and 3 AI, and though I did not encounter all of the AI, the two that I did encounter were both Draske. I understand that the races have to be random otherwise if you picked 2 player it would always be player>vass, or 3 player would always be player>vass>draske. At least that's what I'm assuming, but since we can only have 4 players, maybe it makes more sense for the single player games to include only one of each race? Just some thoughts, again I'm not sure if it was a bug or just bad luck. Thanks!

Steady as she goes...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-18-2011, 03:58 PM (This post was last modified: 10-18-2011 03:58 PM by thebardofblasphemy.)
RE: 4 Player AI Races
I've had the same experience... most single player games I've done have been against at least two of an identical race.

It really makes sense that there should be no double-ups since, presumably, each race evolved into a space-faring civ independantly and then began the journey to the edges of their galaxy.
10-18-2011, 05:33 PM
I've had 2 other human race as random, which was odd I must admit. That was on 1.0.3#6
10-18-2011, 11:47 PM
Adding to the whipping post.