Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
v1.1.3 General Feedback
04-11-2012, 04:42 PM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2012 05:10 PM by VanderLegion.)
RE: v1.1.3 General Feedback
(04-11-2012 04:39 PM)Bruin Wrote:  So quick question about the sandbox account. Is there a way to use the Beta game on the same device the regular game is used? I have them both on the same device but when I set up the sandbox GCID it logged my regular account out from Game Center?

Nope. Gotta sign out and in to swap back and forth. Easiest way to test and play live at the same time is if you have 2 devices. If you only have the one, you're stuck with the extra hassle or else only play beta for a while.
Found another bug. Getting some of the pop up views way zoomed in. The two I've noticed are the warning that pops up when you select custom match about not using automatch for it. That one took up the entire screen. The other one, which was the real problem, was when I tried to colonize a planet. The view to select the planet to colonize was zoomed in to fill the entire width of the screen, meaning that it extended far above and below the screen. Only 1 planet in the system to colonize, so it was off the screen to the top. If I dragged down, it would show up, but there's no way to select the planet to colonize it, or to get out of the view. I had to exit the app from the multitasking menu to get out.
Expanded graphics also applies to the button to control the slider in combat. Looks like theyre all about 2x what they should be

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2012, 06:19 PM
My sp game, went to military to design a new ship, clicked on the cruiser, loaded a blank ship edit screen. No buttons to go out. Had to exit app, go back in, tap a few times before it went back to map. Was not able to reproduce it the second time. 

Sent bug report.

GC: Elph -=- GC Sandbox: Elph
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-11-2012, 06:21 PM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2012 06:38 PM by Bruin.)
Thanks, Vander. I think it should work out well on my iPad.

Small bug: Magistrate Xalon arrived at my homeworld, it seems, a turn ahead of what was reported in the Leaders menu. He was there but ETA 1 turn was still listed. On the following turn he showed in the leaders menu as having arrived. (You may be able to test this with the bug report below).

Big bug: Colonel Hanifer cannot be assigned to a ship. The relocate button responds to my touch but nothing happens. Bug report submitted. (Edit: same thing happened with the captain).

Crash: I entered ship configuration through the screen where all planets are managed, selected my battleship, clicked update (Laser 1 to Laser 2), then done, then done or cancel on the planet screen, then Back at the planet manager. 'Back' lit up and the game froze. I hit the home button and re-launched. The splash screen appeared and then it crashed. It launched normally after that. I could not duplicate the bug.

GCID: Bruin; Sandbox: Bru-test-in
04-11-2012, 06:56 PM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2012 07:40 PM by elph.)
I second that on hanifer. Can't assign him.

It's now 2:30 am and I have to get up in a few hours. I hope this is a good start to the bug findings.

So far.... It feels like Rocco just turn SO up to 11.

GC: Elph -=- GC Sandbox: Elph
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-11-2012, 09:52 PM
Assigning ship leaders is not implemented yet, only colony leaders.
04-11-2012, 10:39 PM
(04-11-2012 04:01 PM)General_Grr Wrote:  First turn, switching my population to science but nothing gets generated on the planet screen. On the galaxy map however I can see how research time shortens when I add scientists

Please submit the game file when you see this happen. I just tried it and it worked as expected, so the more information I have to reproduce the better.
04-11-2012, 10:56 PM
(04-11-2012 10:39 PM)rocco Wrote:  
(04-11-2012 04:01 PM)General_Grr Wrote:  First turn, switching my population to science but nothing gets generated on the planet screen. On the galaxy map however I can see how research time shortens when I add scientists

Please submit the game file when you see this happen. I just tried it and it worked as expected, so the more information I have to reproduce the better.

Hmm, think I just found it. :-)
04-11-2012, 11:33 PM
If you experience a crash while beta testing, please send me the crash report.

Go to Settings / General / About / Diagnostics and Usage / Diagnostic & Usage Data. In there should be a log report generated when your copy of Starbase Orion crashed. Copy & paste the crash log and email it to support@chimerasw.com
04-12-2012, 01:28 AM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2012 01:36 AM by Bruin.)
Ship Scrapping
Feedback regarding the ship scrapping interface (and perhaps some of this feedback may improve other similar interfaces): some extra assistance in identifying the ship in question while choosing what to scrap would be helpful. This could be especially helpful if, say, on a border planet with a Starbase glancing over at the neighbor's fleet a galactic stone's throw away.

1) It would be nice if the feedback screen used the actual ship's name when referencing that ship as those ship names can be cut off. This may not be so valuable in multiplayer where it may not be as good idea to use unique names for ships, but it would certainly be helpful in single player.

2) It would be nice to have some ability to preview what is installed on the selected ship with little trouble.

I've been scrapping quite a bit. It is very useful and, so far, everything has gone smoothly. It opens up neat ideas like taking apart an early exploration scout to merge it into a war ship. My early thought is that a very small penalty (say, 10%) might be nice to curtail rampant use (as this can be smoothly worked in right in the middle of production) but I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out in competitive games.

(Is it a good idea to give something like this a dedicated topic as it covers a major new game mechanic? I guess this post can always be split into another discussion.)
Crash: Upon first attempting to assign a colony leader to a colony, on three of four attempts (a second time with one bloke after a reload), the game has crashed immediately upon touching the reassign button. It has not crashed after loading, after the crash, into a saved turn at the time I hired that leader. The crash takes place before any visual feedback from the reassign button. I haven't been able to reproduce it reliably. Bug report submitted earlier today.

GCID: Bruin; Sandbox: Bru-test-in
04-12-2012, 03:54 AM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2012 03:54 AM by VanderLegion.)
(04-11-2012 04:42 PM)VanderLegion Wrote:  Found another bug. Getting some of the pop up views way zoomed in. The two I've noticed are the warning that pops up when you select custom match about not using automatch for it. That one took up the entire screen. The other one, which was the real problem, was when I tried to colonize a planet. The view to select the planet to colonize was zoomed in to fill the entire width of the screen, meaning that it extended far above and below the screen. Only 1 planet in the system to colonize, so it was off the screen to the top. If I dragged down, it would show up, but there's no way to select the planet to colonize it, or to get out of the view. I had to exit the app from the multitasking menu to get out.
Expanded graphics also applies to the button to control the slider in combat. Looks like theyre all about 2x what they should be

Beta 2 fixed the issue for colonizing planets. I just found it happening on assaulting planets, same thing as was for colonizing - takes up more than the entire screen. This time it showed the top of the view, couldn't see the middle/bottom, so I was able to assault Elph's planet, but unable to exit the view after i captured it.

Edit: (This is all on the iphone 4S)

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion