Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
v1.1.3 General Feedback
04-12-2012, 05:12 AM
RE: v1.1.3 General Feedback
Playing around in SP with a research oriented race, I'm having a lotta fun with it. I'll hafta test it out in pass and play/multiplayer to see how it does against other actually players as opposed to the AI (especially since it's just an average AI to check out the build) to see how it actually does, but its entertaining at least. The one thing that is really going to hurt research races vs production races still is command points. With the research bonuses you can research up quickly and probably catch up to the production speed of a production race in the short term until they catch up on research, but at least the way I've been playing it this game, I only expanded to a few systems outside my homeworld, I didn't do the mass expansion that usually accompanies a production build in order to get all the extra research centers etc. This means that I'm severely lacking in command points, as expanding is the only way to get more of them. Any way something could be added to the research tree to gain more command points, or some other way of gaining them outside of just mass expanding?

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2012, 05:30 AM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2012 05:31 AM by elph.)
Ive been playing mostly on my IPad, but now wanted to play on my iPhone 4, but test flight says it can't install because the dev doesn't allow it on the device. Will 1.1.3 be available on the iPhone 4 anytime soon? Or only for 4S?

And yes VL, science based race now does seem like a viable option, except for the CP issue of course.

GC: Elph -=- GC Sandbox: Elph
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-12-2012, 05:34 AM
(04-12-2012 05:30 AM)elph Wrote:  Ive been playing mostly on my IPad, but now wanted to play on my iPhone 4, but test flight says it can't install because the dev doesn't allow it on the device. Will 1.1.3 be available on the iPhone 4 anytime soon? Or only for 4S?
You have to register each specific device you want to use with the beta with testflight, then rocco has to add said device to the certificate when he builds the app. So if you wanna test on your iphone, you hafta register it then wait for rocco to add it and republish.

Quote:And yes VL, science based race now does seem like a viable option, except for the CP issue of course.
The game against the AI atm I'm just spamming colony ships now (started around turn 120 probably). I have a huge poor terran planet, 20 pop on industry, and the leader that gives you advanced colony ships and half cost colony ships, so it's pumping out a colony ship every 3 turns that gives me a new planet at 3 pop, works out fairly well so far. Against another player I might not have as much time to do that, not to mention having to actually get ACS without the leader and they'd cost twice as much...

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
04-12-2012, 06:14 AM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2012 06:16 AM by elph.)
Yeah, I got that leader as well in SP and the col spamming it gives you seems a little over powered. But if the other person had some other leader that gave them a super power.... Might balance out.

I think it would be cool if you had to meet some kind of requirement before getting the super leader effect. Like you had to unlock it some how. Like having a leader on a Gaia planet to unlock. Or a mil leader super only works on cruisers let's say. Right off the bat though the super power is very powerful and unbalancing.

I may want to try a money race build to try and dominate the leaders....

04-12-2012, 06:30 AM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2012 06:30 AM by Bruin.)
(04-12-2012 06:14 AM)elph Wrote:  I think it would be cool if you had to meet some kind of requirement before getting the super leader effect. Like you had to unlock it some how. Like having a leader on a Gaia planet to unlock. Or a mil leader super only works on cruisers let's say. Right off the bat though the super power is very powerful and unbalancing.

I may want to try a money race build to try and dominate the leaders....

Or one of the abilities of the leader could be unlockable while the rest are immediately accessible.

GCID: Bruin; Sandbox: Bru-test-in
04-12-2012, 08:08 AM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2012 08:36 AM by Bruin.)
I've completed a quick game against the hard AI and at no point did I encounter research which hung up at 0 turns remaining and I did not notice any discrepancies with the income projection. Did you put fixes in for these guys, Rocco? I remember you mentioning something about building production and the gold discrepancy. I'll continue watching.

Edit: Curious bug: I selected my cheerful little Ant of Triumph destroyer in a multiplayer game and clicked on systems to see what was available (the only options are Empty and Additional Fuel Reserves at this time). The screen dimmed as it normally does, but the options did not appear. Touching the screen did not do anything. I was wondering if the game had frozen until I swiped and the options came into view. It was as if they were scrolled off the screen. I'll send a bug report just in case it holds any value.

Edit 2: Almost inconsequential bug: On my new iPad, when I use the Speech Recognition feature when composing an in-app bug report, the game's background music fades out normally but doesn't resume playing. Smile

GCID: Bruin; Sandbox: Bru-test-in
04-12-2012, 11:34 AM
Well, ladies and gentlemen, the days of tricking the ai with a scout are about to be behind us. Makes the ai that much harder to beat.

Though we are not now that strength that in
Old days moved earth and heaven
That which we are, we are
One equal temper of heroic hearts
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield
-------
GC: engineeredguy2 GCS: StandAlone-SB
04-12-2012, 11:39 AM
Yes, I made a change to address that might address the 0 turn issue, but it was basically a guess as I didn't manage to get that bug to reproduce for me to confirm. I'm hoping the beta will confirm it fixed :-)
04-12-2012, 11:43 AM
Re: leaders. I am somewhat ok with leaders being powerful, since all empire's have the ability to bid on the leader, everyone has a chance to nab them. Granted some may be too OP, but that will be hard to judge until all 18 leaders are in ( ie, overlord termi may pale in comparison to xalon and another leader combined). In addition, as elph said it opens up a strategy for money focused empires as well.
04-12-2012, 04:11 PM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2012 04:15 PM by elph.)
I'm testing a money focused build now. There's no way VL will out bid me now! Wink
Ok, this has happend to me three times in the last 10 minutes. I'm playing along mid turn, and then it just loads another game that just became available. No notice, just the loading graphic, next game. Loosing all my other games changes.

This has happened once or twice with 1.1.2, but never so many times in a row.

Sending bug report.