Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
v1.1.3 General Feedback
04-12-2012, 06:14 PM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2012 06:24 PM by elph.)
RE: v1.1.3 General Feedback
Found a reproduce able bug. When I invite another to a quick mp survival game against 2 AI, when I look at their fleet, the ship images are missing just names. Feel free to delete all the new games I started Smile

Started a 6 human survival game against 2x AI and same thing happend to all my allies.

GC: Elph -=- GC Sandbox: Elph
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2012, 09:15 PM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2012 10:35 PM by rocco.)
I'm pretty sure that the way it has always been; until they take their turn the game does not l know what race they are. I'll see if I can't pretty it up some though.
Find all posts by this user
04-12-2012, 11:21 PM
Not quite use to the menu button location. i like where it is and I think that is the right spot for it, but i keep hitting the research button and expecting the menu response.

Though we are not now that strength that in
Old days moved earth and heaven
That which we are, we are
One equal temper of heroic hearts
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield
-------
GC: engineeredguy2 GCS: StandAlone-SB
04-12-2012, 11:44 PM
(04-12-2012 11:21 PM)StandAlone Wrote:  Not quite use to the menu button location. i like where it is and I think that is the right spot for it, but i keep hitting the research button and expecting the menu response.

Agreed on this one. Maybe a slightly larger target would help?

GCID: Bruin; Sandbox: Bru-test-in
04-13-2012, 02:24 AM (This post was last modified: 04-13-2012 02:31 AM by Bruin.)
So I've been playing a single player game with a research-oriented race. I'm making much better progress against the AI than I expected so it might be coming into true viability as long as some growing pains can be worked out. That's a very pleasant surprise. Even little things like Warlord and Pacifist overhaul help a great deal in allowing a research race to build a decent fleet without the command points to back it up. I also think the upgrade system is an essential part of what makes a research oriented build viable.

That said, on to the upgrade system. I've actually found it to be extremely pleasant to use. It slightly favors someone on defense so that is good for non-expansion builds. Well, except when the other force has a nice perch from which to build a Starbase and enhance their forces. To upgrade on the fly the expansion/production race would have to be inconvenienced with reroutes or use economic funding to buy strategic Starbases. Another pleasant addition of value in money. These are pretty early thoughts, of course.

Regarding the background music cutting out while using the voice dictation features: this is not isolated to the bug reporting system as I originally mentioned. The same thing happens if you use voice dictation in the chat screen. I suspect the same will be the case with Siri in the iPhone 4S?

So far, for the most part, play has proceeded quite smoothly!

An early thought on Ion Pulse Cannons: the upgrade system makes them quite accessible when they first turn up, and at first glance they compliment quite well with Lasers for a rounded attack lineup (with Lasers working on shields and Ion Pulse Cannons chiseling away at the armor or through the hull). It is nice that rudimentary defenses against Ion Pulse Cannons (Shields, which are fairly effective against Lasers, and Armor) are generally accessible.

Gauss Turrets sound quite mean in theory. I'll have to experiment with them. Has anyone else? With shields not being immediately accessible and workable with Lasers; and piercing through armor, the first available ship defense; and Reinforced Bulkheads being somewhat more accessible at a slightly later stage when good Gauss alternatives are coming into play: they seem like they could enjoy a period of quite effective use. I suppose they might not do as well on larger ships, though, depending on the orders given.

The main value of Reinforced Bulkheads seems more along the lines of adding additional ship defenses rather than standing out in some particularly noteworthy manner. I suppose there's nothing wrong with that. I certainly like to have them when I can.

GCID: Bruin; Sandbox: Bru-test-in
04-13-2012, 02:32 AM
I have found that all of the empire wide techs are crucial. Especially, efficient tax and advanced farming.

Though we are not now that strength that in
Old days moved earth and heaven
That which we are, we are
One equal temper of heroic hearts
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield
-------
GC: engineeredguy2 GCS: StandAlone-SB
04-13-2012, 02:34 AM
(04-12-2012 09:15 PM)rocco Wrote:  I'm pretty sure that the way it has always been; until they take their turn the game does not l know what race they are. I'll see if I can't pretty it up some though.

This makes sense. Would also explain why i could see Elph's ships after he said he couldn't see mine Smile

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
04-13-2012, 09:48 AM
(04-13-2012 02:34 AM)VanderLegion Wrote:  
(04-12-2012 09:15 PM)rocco Wrote:  I'm pretty sure that the way it has always been; until they take their turn the game does not l know what race they are. I'll see if I can't pretty it up some though.

This makes sense. Would also explain why i could see Elph's ships after he said he couldn't see mine Smile

And I thought I had found a major bug. I guess that's what you get for playing at 3am.

Sorry for all spam invites. (face palm)

GC: Elph -=- GC Sandbox: Elph
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-13-2012, 10:31 AM
(04-13-2012 09:48 AM)elph Wrote:  And I thought I had found a major bug. I guess that's what you get for playing at 3am.

It's ok; now they have pretty little question marks!
04-13-2012, 10:37 AM (This post was last modified: 04-13-2012 10:39 AM by VanderLegion.)
(04-13-2012 10:31 AM)rocco Wrote:  
(04-13-2012 09:48 AM)elph Wrote:  And I thought I had found a major bug. I guess that's what you get for playing at 3am.

It's ok; now they have pretty little question marks!

Any word on fixing planetary assault? That's holding up one of my games with Elph (ongoing game we had form the last beta)
Ooh, I'm labeled as a Posting Freak now. I guess that's what I get for having more posts than rocco...you're game is too addicting! gogo iCrack!

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion