Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hello
04-16-2012, 11:04 PM
Hello
Hi,

I'm a total newbie, got an ipad 2 for my birthday last week and after much searching for a good space strategy game I plumped for yours, although I must say my decision would have been so much easier if you had a trial/lite version for me to sample first as I'm usually rather mean when splashing out on games over £2.

Anyway, I bought it and my first game finished about an hour ago, I'll admit to play in a small universe with 1 easy enemy but I was learning the game. Theres still far too much I dont know (mostly revolving around managing colonies) but I simply love the battles and the research/tech is superb.

I've been playing space games since the dratted Braben & Bell released ELITE for the BBC Micro in the early 80's. (I say 'dratted' as I lost thousands of hours of my life playing that game! haha)

I have a couple of suggestions if the devs are listening.

1: combat, perhaps its just me but I don't really like being told at the beginning of a turn that I won the combat at planet x and y amount of ships survived. I enjoy watching the battles and would like the outcome to be a secret as I'm watching. It sort of takes away a little of the fun if you are told beforehand that 8 of your 8 ships survived. Perhaps consider changing it or even adding an opinion to 'hide' battle results?

2: I can't find any Diplomacy options? I really like to use diplomacy with some races. If thats not in the game now, would you consider adding it at a later point? Thanks

Thanks for reading and sorry I went on and on a bit. Smile

Superb game!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-16-2012, 11:38 PM
RE: Hello
Welcome!

(04-16-2012 11:04 PM)Lave Wrote:  1: combat, perhaps its just me but I don't really like being told at the beginning of a turn that I won the combat at planet x and y amount of ships survived. I enjoy watching the battles and would like the outcome to be a secret as I'm watching. It sort of takes away a little of the fun if you are told beforehand that 8 of your 8 ships survived. Perhaps consider changing it or even adding an opinion to 'hide' battle results?

There is an option already for this. Under Game Options, Detailed Battle Reports On/Off.

(04-16-2012 11:04 PM)Lave Wrote:  2: I can't find any Diplomacy options? I really like to use diplomacy with some races. If thats not in the game now, would you consider adding it at a later point? Thanks

Diplomacy is coming.
04-17-2012, 12:29 AM
Awesome!

Thank you!
04-17-2012, 03:14 PM
Hiyas there Lave, welcome [Image: wave.gif]