Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Murphy's Law of SO
04-25-2012, 07:01 AM
Murphy's Law of SO
Murphy's Law states that if you pick HGA as a racial trait, very few planets will be HG. If you don't pick HGA, most planets will be HG.

GC: Elph -=- GC Sandbox: Elph
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-25-2012, 07:16 AM
RE: Murphy's Law of SO
(04-25-2012 07:01 AM)elph Wrote:  Murphy's Law states that if you pick HGA as a racial trait, very few planets will be HG. If you don't pick HGA, most planets will be HG.

True most of the time it seems. Except when one person picks it and the other doesn't (such as our game Tongue). Works well for me Smile

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
Find all posts by this user
04-25-2012, 07:52 AM
Ya. I used to really like HGA, then it got changed, and I seem to get screwed whenever I pick it, lol.
04-25-2012, 08:02 AM
Totally in agreement.

GC - Sarducar_Dun
04-25-2012, 08:14 AM
(04-25-2012 07:52 AM)falanor4421 Wrote:  Ya. I used to really like HGA, then it got changed, and I seem to get screwed whenever I pick it, lol.

I still prefer HGA to not. If you have HGA, and there's a bunch of Normal Gravity planets, you can still potentially make use of them. With a production race, a Rich or Very Rich normal grav planet will be better than an Abundant high grav one. Sure, not as good as if you just didn't have HGA with a normal grav planet, but still at least not bad. On the other hand, if you don't have HGA, a very rich high grav planet...isn't all that great. I prefer the 75% penalty on normal grav to the 50% penalty on high grav. Now, whether I use HGA depends highly on my race build. If I'm doing a production build, I definitely take it. If I'm not, I'll frequently pass on it.

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion