Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cannot seem to get icloud sharing to work
04-27-2012, 05:35 AM
Cannot seem to get icloud sharing to work
Hi there. I recently bought one of the new iPads. One of the things I was very excited to have was the ability to share save games between the iPad and my iPhone. However no matter what I have tried, I cannot seem to get it working. Both devices say they are linked (the little blue cloud icon is lit up in-game) the document saving is turned on in the setting for both devices, there is a list of other apps there are are sharing (i.e. pages, Civilization, etc), but no Starbase Orion listed.

I have tried unlinking, and re-linking in game, turning off the document sharing in icloud setting and turning it back on again, deleting the app and re-installing, noting seems to work. I have version 1.1.2

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Greg
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2012, 02:06 PM
RE: Cannot seem to get icloud sharing to work
It sounds like you've tried all of the stuff I would normally suggest. The only one not mentioned is whether they are accidentally being sync'd to different iCloud accounts.

I don't get many bug reports about iCloud not working; normally it just works for everyone.
04-28-2012, 04:14 AM
(04-27-2012 02:06 PM)rocco Wrote:  It sounds like you've tried all of the stuff I would normally suggest. The only one not mentioned is whether they are accidentally being sync'd to different iCloud accounts.

I don't get many bug reports about iCloud not working; normally it just works for everyone.

Well, both devices are logged into the same icloud accounts.. I suspose that I could try uninstalling and then re-installing on both devices with an icloud sync in there before re-installing..

I'll try that this evening and let you know if that worked out.
06-04-2012, 08:39 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2012 08:49 PM by niveuseverto.)
Got same issue... May be other sync method to be implemented? For example direct sync via Wi-Fi.

BUMP: Are custom building focus(es) synced?

GC: niveuseverto
06-05-2012, 01:28 AM
Yes, custom build focuses sync.
08-10-2012, 09:37 PM
Same here ... ver 1.1.5 ... can't get icloud to share savegames between my iphone4 and ipad3... have tried all sort of stuff ... Sad
12-24-2012, 06:15 AM
(04-27-2012 05:35 AM)gosenbach Wrote:  I have tried unlinking, and re-linking in game, turning off the document sharing in icloud setting and turning it back on again, deleting the app and re-installing, noting seems to work. I have version 1.1.2
I have the same problem between my iPad 3 and iPhone 5, and I've tried the same things as you did to no avail.

Might it be because I originally installed a pirated copy on my iPad? I bought it soon after, and my iPad is no longer jailbroken.
12-24-2012, 10:18 AM
(12-24-2012 06:15 AM)eisa01 Wrote:  Might it be because I originally installed a pirated copy on my iPad? I bought it soon after, and my iPad is no longer jailbroken.

I don't believe that would be the issue; at least, Starbase Orion is not actively doing anything to people playing pirated copies.
01-17-2013, 10:45 PM
(12-24-2012 10:18 AM)rocco Wrote:  
(12-24-2012 06:15 AM)eisa01 Wrote:  Might it be because I originally installed a pirated copy on my iPad? I bought it soon after, and my iPad is no longer jailbroken.

I don't believe that would be the issue; at least, Starbase Orion is not actively doing anything to people playing pirated copies.

Hi, same here: iphone 4 and Ipad 3. I can't get them to sync the games.
Is there any way i can help to resolve this issue?
01-22-2013, 09:17 AM
+1 for this issue. Installed 1.1.7 on an iPhone and an iPad, have had no problems with my iCloud previously, but devices don't seem to see each other's game saves. Tried detaching, reattaching saves to cloud etc. but no luck. Bummed as switch between devices a lot. Should I be seeing the app appearing in settings -> icloud ->storage & backup -> manage storage -> documents & data? I don't, whereas I have other apps there and working fine (e.g. doodle jump). Happy to help in any way to track this down, game is otherwise awesome.