Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cannot seem to get icloud sharing to work
01-22-2013, 09:38 AM
RE: Cannot seem to get icloud sharing to work
(01-22-2013 09:17 AM)hobhole Wrote:  +1 for this issue. Installed 1.1.7 on an iPhone and an iPad, have had no problems with my iCloud previously, but devices don't seem to see each other's game saves. Tried detaching, reattaching saves to cloud etc. but no luck. Bummed as switch between devices a lot. Should I be seeing the app appearing in settings -> icloud ->storage & backup -> manage storage -> documents & data? I don't, whereas I have other apps there and working fine (e.g. doodle jump). Happy to help in any way to track this down, game is otherwise awesome.

SO uses the KVO iCloud sync, not the documents sync, so it won't show up in docs & data anyway.

If you delete the app on one device, and reinstall, it has no games in the continue section under single player game?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-25-2013, 07:06 AM
Correct, I just tried this and nothing showed up, despite the other device having the cloud symbol highlighted. Both devices are signed in to the same iTunes and Game Center accounts, and have iCloud documents & data turned on.
01-30-2013, 04:41 AM
(01-25-2013 07:06 AM)hobhole Wrote:  Correct, I just tried this and nothing showed up, despite the other device having the cloud symbol highlighted. Both devices are signed in to the same iTunes and Game Center accounts, and have iCloud documents & data turned on.

Update: After searching for solutions to similar issues with other apps I got things working by turning off Documents & Data in iCloud settings on the iPhone, then turning it back on again. Presto, my games started syncing. So this is clearly an Apple issue somewhere. Thanks again for a great game!
01-30-2013, 05:01 AM
(01-30-2013 04:41 AM)hobhole Wrote:  Update: After searching for solutions to similar issues with other apps I got things working by turning off Documents & Data in iCloud settings on the iPhone, then turning it back on again. Presto, my games started syncing. So this is clearly an Apple issue somewhere. Thanks again for a great game!

Huzzah! Thanks for the update Smile
01-31-2013, 09:18 AM
(12-24-2012 10:18 AM)rocco Wrote:  
(12-24-2012 06:15 AM)eisa01 Wrote:  Might it be because I originally installed a pirated copy on my iPad? I bought it soon after, and my iPad is no longer jailbroken.

I don't believe that would be the issue; at least, Starbase Orion is not actively doing anything to people playing pirated copies.

Did this guy complain about an issue with A Pirated copy of SO and actually complain???? Rocco you are too nice not to call that out. Really? You have multiple mobile devices and steal an $8 game???
01-31-2013, 10:12 AM
(01-31-2013 09:18 AM)Chthroop Wrote:  
(12-24-2012 10:18 AM)rocco Wrote:  
(12-24-2012 06:15 AM)eisa01 Wrote:  Might it be because I originally installed a pirated copy on my iPad? I bought it soon after, and my iPad is no longer jailbroken.

I don't believe that would be the issue; at least, Starbase Orion is not actively doing anything to people playing pirated copies.

Did this guy complain about an issue with A Pirated copy of SO and actually complain???? Rocco you are too nice not to call that out. Really? You have multiple mobile devices and steal an $8 game???

You didn't read his post very well. He bought the game and is no longer jailbroken when he's having this issue, so pirating shouldn't have anything to do with it. Even if it DOES, he's bought the game since and paid for it, so he has as much right to complain as anyone else if something isn't working, regardless of whether he pirated it originally or not.

GC ID - VanderLegion, GMT-9. Sandbox GC ID (Beta) - VanderLegion
01-31-2013, 11:45 AM
(01-31-2013 09:18 AM)Chthroop Wrote:  Did this guy complain about an issue with A Pirated copy of SO and actually complain???? Rocco you are too nice not to call that out. Really? You have multiple mobile devices and steal an $8 game???

I learned long ago not to worry much about software piracy. I could implement things like AntiCrack/DRM/etc, but that's just wasting time which should be spent fixes bugs or making cool new stuff.

Even if he hadn't bought the game, his coming to the forums ultimately lead to hobhole figuring this issue out; an issue I know a few paying customers have had as well.
02-11-2013, 04:10 AM
(01-30-2013 05:01 AM)rocco Wrote:  
(01-30-2013 04:41 AM)hobhole Wrote:  Update: After searching for solutions to similar issues with other apps I got things working by turning off Documents & Data in iCloud settings on the iPhone, then turning it back on again. Presto, my games started syncing. So this is clearly an Apple issue somewhere. Thanks again for a great game!

Huzzah! Thanks for the update Smile
I have tried this with the latest 1.1.8 update and iOS 6.1, but the issue is still present.

I surmise this would be covered by the Game Center replacement you're looking into?
02-11-2013, 04:38 AM
(02-11-2013 04:10 AM)eisa01 Wrote:  I surmise this would be covered by the Game Center replacement you're looking into?

If the KickStarter gets funded then yes, since to provide cross-platform game sync-ing we would have to use a solution other than iCloud.

If the KickStarter does not get funded, then it is too early to say. There won't be a driving need to move away from iCloud.
02-19-2013, 02:06 AM (This post was last modified: 02-21-2013 02:36 AM by isamu619.)
I also have the same problem.

I've been playing SO on my iPad 3 but just installed it on my iPhone 5. When it came up, there were no saved games.

Both SOs are 1.1.8 and my iPad and iPhone are both 6.1.

It would really be nice to sync across both devices. For now I'm just playing separate games on both which is OK but not ideal.

Edit: I meant 1.1.8. Anyone else seen or fixed this issue?